What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ifiles

BadBoi2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good morning,

I have purchased ifile and would like to create a zip file containing about 40 pictures. I would also like to email this to someone. Can this be done with this app? If so how do I go about doing it? I don't want to mess up any thing! Please help! Thanks in advance!

Such a NOOB!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the process is roughly as follows...

Start iFile and use the sidebar to navigate to your pictures. I'm assuming they are taken with the camera and are therefore in var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE. In any case, get to the folder where your pics are...

Press the Edit button (top right) and proceed to "tick" / mark every photo you want to zip.

Once everything is selected, press the compress icon In the bottom row toolbar. It looks like a vice. This will prompt you for the name of the zip file to create. Once completed you have a ZIP in the same location as your pics.

Then "tick" the zip file and press the mail icon in the bottom toolbar. It looks like an envelope. This will create a draft email for you to send with the zip attached.

Hope that helps.

OP
BadBoi2011

BadBoi2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your help it worked great! Now, in this same app, can it be viewed as thumbnails so that I may see what I am sending without opening each one!!!

Thanks again!

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Open ifile then cog wheel for settings and tick "show thumbnails" to on and set to 99999999.

OP
BadBoi2011

BadBoi2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Outlaw! Got it!

Next question is on creating folders and moving files into the one created. Ok, I created a folder but how do I place items into it? I don't see a " move" option.

Again thanks,

Such a NOOB!!

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
BadBoi2011 said:
Thank you Outlaw! Got it!

Next question is on creating folders and moving files into the one created. Ok, I created a folder but how do I place items into it? I don't see a " move" option.

Again thanks,

Such a NOOB!!

Tap the edit top right...
Select the specific files to move
Tap clipboard icon bottom right ~ cut
Tap the done top right ~ exit out of edit mode
Go in to the folder you want to paste files
Tap edit
Tap clipboard
Paste

OP
BadBoi2011

BadBoi2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
You are soaking it all up, I see. :)

Of course! I really am what I say I am! A NOOB! I thank you for your help again! Oh, good morning

OP
BadBoi2011

BadBoi2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you yet again Outl4w, you rock!

Another question for you. Is it possible to enlarge the thumbnails my eyes are not what they used to be! Lol.

Also, is there a limit size to zip files that I can email? I have tried to send one but it doesn't appear to go through. What am I doing wrong? Is there a Manueline for this as I have so many questions and I don't want to wear out my welcome!

Thanks again for any help!

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
BadBoi2011 said:
Thank you yet again Outl4w, you rock!

Another question for you. Is it possible to enlarge the thumbnails my eyes are not what they used to be! Lol.

Also, is there a limit size to zip files that I can email? I have tried to send one but it doesn't appear to go through. What am I doing wrong? Is there a Manueline for this as I have so many questions and I don't want to wear out my welcome!

Thanks again for any help!

Don't think there's any way to increase thumbnail size...perhaps future update.
Emailing the zip file depends on the size limit set by your ISP. Mine, comcast only allows 15mb limit on attachments.

OP
BadBoi2011

BadBoi2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah haha! I found the answer it's 25mb for aol if anyone is interested.

OP
BadBoi2011

BadBoi2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't believe I still can't send anything from ifiles! What am I doing wrong? I made the zip file under 25 mb! Tried sending singles too! It seems to go through but never reaches it's destination! Any suggestions? Please help the cry baby 

Such a NOOB

Such

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't believe I still can't send anything from ifiles! What am I doing wrong? I made the zip file under 25 mb! Tried sending singles too! It seems to go through but never reaches it's destination! Any suggestions? Please help the cry baby 

Such a NOOB

Such

Must be your mail.....not ifiles...I had no problem sending or receiving....
Not sure if you have gmail account which you could try....

OP
BadBoi2011

BadBoi2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have a gmail acct as well. I should try it to send items? Wifi or 3G?

Most reactions