What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iFile

Okitsim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I bought on the app store iFile but not working on my iPad2 Pls help. Rgds

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say it's 'not working' can you be a bit more specific? Does the app start up or doesn't it do what you expect it to be able to do?

Tim

OP
O

Okitsim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to transfer files from my USB adaptor to my iPad. I bought the iFiles app hoping that I could use that to get my files from the adaptor. But it says I need to use the computer to transfer files. can i transfer files directly from the USB adaptor to my iPad? If not, do you know an app which can do that?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you trying to transfer files from a USB memory stick or from a PC?

The USB connection of the iPad has a very low current drive capability and cannot support older USB high power memory sticks.

If you're trying to transfer files from a PC you could use iTunes, of course.

Tim

OP
O

Okitsim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you! Hope to get more tips from you. Regards

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you only want to transfer photos from a memory card, then the iPad Camera Connection Kit (CCK) will plug into the USB port and can be used to download photos from a digital camera's memory card. But it *only* works for photos, it will not transfer other files that are on the memory card.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts