1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iFile USB transfer questions

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by SoloPilot, Feb 7, 2013.

1. SoloPilot

SoloPilot iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Okay, I have a JB Mini, CCK USB cable, a USB thumb drive with MP4 files and a powered USB hub (because of the "too much power" message).

Four questions:

1) iFile sees the USB drive. I have figured out how to transfer files and folders using Edit. I see a reference in one forum to selecting all files in a folder by double-tapping.

Double tapping WHAT? When I hit the Edit button twice, it leaves me back where I started. Likewise if I hit the select button for a file.

2) What is the path to the folder when my Mini will look for the MP4 files in order to play them?

3) Is there a way to have the iPad play the MP4s continuously, either in order or shuffled?

4) What is the path to the folder where I should put text files (checklists) so that Notes will automatically see them? Or, alternately, is there a way to create a folder for these and put an icon on the Home page which will take me to a specific file that I might want in a hurry (for instance, Emergency Procedures)?