What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iFile Flash Drives That Work

electricidiot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is somewhat of a continuation of a thread I posted on earlier. The thumbnail:

iFile, in conjunction with the iPad Camera Connection Kit, allows you to plug in flash drives and read the content off of them and even open documents on the flash drive in installed apps (like importing directly off your flash a .cbr file into ComicZeal, etc.).

However, not all flash drive models work. I thought this thread could be a nice repository where people who find brands/models of flash drives that work with iFile could post them here so there'd be a list someplace.

Number one, the first one I got to work:

Lexar JumpDrive Secure 8GB, N12610. They look like these:

Amazon.com: lexar jumpdrive secur: Electronics

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is somewhat of a continuation of a thread I posted on earlier. The thumbnail:

iFile, in conjunction with the iPad Camera Connection Kit, allows you to plug in flash drives and read the content off of them and even open documents on the flash drive in installed apps (like importing directly off your flash a .cbr file into ComicZeal, etc.).

However, not all flash drive models work. I thought this thread could be a nice repository where people who find brands/models of flash drives that work with iFile could post them here so there'd be a list someplace.

Number one, the first one I got to work:

Lexar JumpDrive Secure 8GB, N12610. They look like these:

Amazon.com: lexar jumpdrive secur: Electronics

Any info on how much power it draws from ipad? Could be used as a reference point for other thumb drives. Like it has to draw this much power or less to wrk with ipad/ifiles.

jamesandyori

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this I got from a fan club website: Maiden Memory! Classy 4GB memory stick on a handy key ring chain. Only available in the Iron Maiden shop

Works just fine. I had ripped a dvd concert and it shows great.

I also have a 8GB SanDisk MicroSD in a adapter that will not load due to lack of power.

I also have a 16GB SanDisk MicroSD in a adapter that is different then the one I used for the 8GB and it worked!.

James

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts