What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iFile crashes after JB

Tinhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have done the fresh install and re-jailbroke. In Cydia when I try to install iFile I get " The package eu.heinelt.ifile cannot be found in your current sources. I might recommend installing more sources." When I started Cydia it was "updating" I assume the package list...but it failed. Not sure how to procede.

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan, i had the same message when I first tried to install it this morning. I waited for a while and then it installed fine. I guess iit was waiting for the refresh that f4780y mentions.

Tinhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for posting what you did.
I followed the same process - clean restore to 5.01, then jailbreak, then install iFile and it seems to be fine.
Unfortunately Whatspad won't work this time though it did before when iFile was crashing.
Some you win, some you lose!
Would love to know if anyone else has this problem.

OP
dstuttgen

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for posting what you did.
I followed the same process - clean restore to 5.01, then jailbreak, then install iFile and it seems to be fine.
Unfortunately Whatspad won't work this time though it did before when iFile was crashing.
Some you win, some you lose!
Would love to know if anyone else has this problem.
I'm glad you're back up and running, too.

Cheers, Dan

gars943

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any other fix for ifile, than starting new and re-jailbreaking? Ifile worked fine the first several times I opened and used it, then just took a dump. I was trying to figure out how to use it didn't add or subtract anything.
Or, if there isn't a way other than starting anew, is there a way to backup levels and scores in games with the new A5 jailbreak. Just backing up in itunes doesn't do it, at least not for me.. I keep the games and lose everthing else... Gotta keep the better half happy she's the gamer!
Gary

Edit: figured it out, and yes, iTunes does save your scores and levels- just being a newb... re-jailbroke everything, ifile is up and working again.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts