What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If your screen freezes, here's what to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My screen on my iPad 2 froze yesterday. It was so bad, that I couldn't even shut it off. Naturally, to say that I was upset would be an understatement. After all, this is the first Apple product I've ever purchased. Up till now, I've always bought pc's, and up till now, I haven't had any problem with my iPad. But, like everyone else, I paid a lot of money for this machine and I had to wait three and a half to get it.

Anyway, I ended up going to the Apple store and the tech showed me how to correct the problem. What you do is this...

If you're looking at your iPad from the "Portrait" perspective, hold down the power button at the top and the button on the bottom AT THE SAME TIME. This will re-boot your iPad and the problem will be solved.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hello Toledogirl. - welcome to the forum! :) But you just responded to a 4 year old thread which should be closed - resetting the iPad by using both the HOME & ON-OFF buttons has been the usual procedure for years - I've suggested the maneuver dozens of times in posts on the forum - my usual quote is shown below, so learn those procedures (try each out - will cause no damage to your iPad or loss of apps, settings, or data) - Dave
When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom’) - iOS 7.x/8.x - find the offending app - then press and drag to the top of the screen - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Toledogirl1 and welcome to the forum. Thanks to giradman's helpful post, and of those preceding him, that should fix a number of problems that inexplicably seem to happen to our iPads from time to time.
You appear to have correctly hit the "Reply" button which recorded SweetPoison's post but you made no reply to it.
Feel free to post again if you have any problem with your iPad. Lots of people here happy to help, and of course to read any further posts you would like to make.:)
As the original posters in this thread have not returned in the last four years, let's close the thread now......
Andrew
------------------- THREAD CLOSED ---------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions