What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you could only put one book on your iPad, what would it be?

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a toughy for me, but I've read 'The Hunt for Red October' twice already and it still is great.

So I'd say The Hunt for Red October...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Hunt-Red-October-Jack-Ryan/dp/0425133516/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266274309&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: The Hunt for Red October (Jack Ryan) (9780425133514): Tom Clancy: Books[/ame]

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not trying to offend anyone here, but I really do love this book:

2_God_061103114531654_wideweb__300x460.jpg

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Robert A. Heinlein's The Moon is a Harsh Mistress. One of the few books I've actually read multiple times. Although Space Cadet runs in at a close second simply because it is a testament to Sci-Fi imagination as it features cellphones and microwave ovens/meals.

iPadBoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.teenagerswithaspergers.com
Can't choose between three... It'd either be Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, that's probably my favourite fiction book. But also important are Programming in Objective-C 2.0 by Stephen G. Kochan and How To Get Rich by Felix Dennis.

OP
JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice guys, who else out there wants to give us some good book suggestions?

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't choose between three... It'd either be Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, that's probably my favourite fiction book. But also important are Programming in Objective-C 2.0 by Stephen G. Kochan and How To Get Rich by Felix Dennis.

Obj C, the ugly duckling turned swan...

I would have a hard choice choosing just one, but to stick with the thread subject... hmmm perhaps "The Field" by Lynne McTaggart

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Field-Quest-Secret-Force-Universe/dp/006143518X/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b]
51Z60DNGCPL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg
[/ame]

second choice "The Holographic Universe" Michael Talbot

Steppenroth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is only one correct answer for this question. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Come on, it's the same device people!!!

NeilShapiro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.joyofipad.com
Just one??? OMG. Well, I guess it would be one of Mobiread's huge collection of classic authors. Probably the Charles Dickens one that contains all of his novels, short stories and most of his essays.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If i read..lol...hmm..i would pick The Giver. My favorite so far of the books i'd had to read in school. :p

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's an impossible choice. I never read a book twice but Robinson Crusoe. The first time at eight years old; it was my first novel. I read it again some years ago just to see it again from an adult perpective.

But there is a choice for me after some thought. A good encyclopedia...

Most reactions

Latest posts