What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you are new, please post an introduction thread.

amruas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. My employer purchased an iPad for our IT department for test purposes. We received it a month ago and we are in the process of testing various business applications. I joined the forum as a learning tool and in order to get answers to pertinent questions for which I received answers almost immediately. Kudos to a forum member named iVan who has been very helpful.

michaelhan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought a 64G wi-fi model and still very new at it.
Over at SG we had to queue for hours just to get one when it was launched.
Is it worth it?
Maybe somebody would like to comment?

AnAppleAday

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to this. Got my iPad and registered on this site three months ago, but just really looking around here for the first time. I love my iPad. The only things I've bought for it so far are the standard silicone case and the camera connection kit.

amruas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad was bought mainly for testing in an IT department and business integration thereafter. We are trying to determine its functionality and compatibility with business apps. As we have a huge Wi-Fi user base, the iPad is certainly a viable solution for some of our users. I can hardly wait for iOS 4 to be released in November. I am also new to this technology and decided to join the forum in order to learn from the masters. Happy iPadding.

Bonnie Epps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Afternoon all. I've had my ipad for about two months. Use everyday. Love how it stays charged so long. I would love to see FV on it. I'm slightly addicted to the game and the ipad would make it so much easier.

sinoconnie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everybody!
SinoConnie here. I`m a newcomer here. wanna learn some knowledge from you all.

ikrazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to say that I do like my iPad but I do miss flash tremendously. You don't realize how many applications, how many newspapers, etc. that you always read on your home computer use flash until you get the iPad. Sooo annoying to get the typical blank screen with a "click to upgrade to the latest flash version" message only to be told "wrong format" or something similar when you try...

Also, I miss multi-screen capability. I've found myself to use my iPhone as my screen number 2. For example when purchasing something online I always create a one-time usage credit card number using Bank of America's "Shop Safe" feature. On my Chrome browser at home I simply open another window and create the number there and then move the info to the original screen. Super easy. With iPad I can't do that. I can't have 2 screen opens at the same time but also the Shop Safe feature doesn't pop up on the iPad. Probably wrong format or something. I'd say, every day there's something I find that irritates me BUT I'd imagine I'll get used to it eventually.

External dvd drive capability? Yeah, gone are the days of cheapo dvd movies in china, singapore, etc... :(

Gypsyquilter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Fun

I've had mine for a few months and I'm totally enjoying it. I travel all the time and some parts of the country don't have 3G but I find a wifi or just enjoy it without. I use CoPilot HD for navigation and I'm presently looking for a mount for my iPad. Would love to see the video conference thing work! Apple still does a great job and this is from a 30 year windows pc user. Don't miss the blue screens of death!:D

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, I miss multi-screen capability. I've found myself to use my iPhone as my screen number 2.
First of all, welcome to the forum.

As far as the multi-screen thing, there is a new app I just got last week that allows you to split your iPad screen into as many as 4 separate browser screens.

Here is a link to the post elsewhere in the forum that talks about it --

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-apps/9640-app-turn-one-ipad-into-several-ipod-touches.html

I don't know if it will work with your particular application with the bank, but it is worth taking a look at.

ashry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd say, every day there's something I find that irritates me BUT I'd imagine I'll get used to it eventually.
... :(

I totally agree with your first part of the sentence, BUT we are different regarding what comes after the "BUT" :( :(

Apple made an excellent move in the market, but the really needed things for doing serious works effectively might be produced in a later version, and people would buy the new upcoming version too... which will be a new excellent move to them :( :(
This only is in Apple's interests...

I really regret buying an iPad... it's not the tablet I dreamed of having one day... not even close!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really regret buying an iPad... it's not the tablet I dreamed of having one day... not even close!
Well then I have to ask, how much research did you do reagrding the iPad BEFORE you bought it? Does your iPad not work as promised or does it not work the way you think it should work?

If it does not work as described in any official Apple literature, then you have a legitimate reason to be upset with the product and should immediately take back to an Apple store or at least consult with their support department.

If it simply is not the tablet you "dreamed it would be" based on some unrealistic expectations you might have had for the product, I honestly have a difficult time feeling any sympathy for you. Sorry.

Last edited:

Bobc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm enjoying my 32gb g wi-fi bt etc IPad. As a struggling artist (painter, photographer) I have a special interest in related apps.

Really looking to next OS rel.

Only real issue at this point is Motorola H270 bt headset won't connect???

ikrazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd say, every day there's something I find that irritates me BUT I'd imagine I'll get used to it eventually.
... :(

I totally agree with your first part of the sentence, BUT we are different regarding what comes after the "BUT" :( :(

Apple made an excellent move in the market, but the really needed things for doing serious works effectively might be produced in a later version, and people would buy the new upcoming version too... which will be a new excellent move to them :( :(
This only is in Apple's interests...

I see your point and sometimes I feel like I'm having a déjà vu and am reliving the way Microsoft used to take their customers for granted and showed ooomphs and ooomphs of arrogance (yes that's a word ;)).

Apple has great products but sometimes I feel like it's an Army unit where you better do things their way or else. I still like my iPad, I really do. It's perfect for travel which is what I do for a living.

However there are many things I wish it had and I know it doesn't because they want to make even more money off of you. For example, some senior Apple folks admitted the reason there's no option to hook up an external drive or a DVD drive to the iPad is so the customers are forced to buy all the movies from the iTunes store.

Like I said I still like it but get irritated A LOT when I try to do things I normally did on my Dell laptop in the past and now am not able to. Most of the time it has to do with the lack of flash software.

Just the other day I was going to reorder some business cards from overnightprints.com and all I wanted was to change my phone number on cards my account already has saved on file. On my Dell laptop it was a 2-4 minute job, at most. Click here, click there, do you like this design? Save and order. Boom, done!

Now? Ooops - unable to make any changes to the profile on file - please click here to download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player... Etc., etc.

Frustrating.

I wish Apple let those of us who are willing to "take the extra risk" to download flash to our iPads, heck, I'd gladly give up 50% of the current battery life if it's true that flash uses up more juice. Just let us opt out of the warranty or whatever and let us have it... Let us, the customers decide...

...but who cares what we think, this is Apple, love it or else... :(

Last edited:

ikrazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
... If it simply is not the tablet you "dreamed it would be" based on some unrealistic expectations you might have had for the product, I honestly have a difficult time feeling any sympathy for you. Sorry.

I have to defend him here. Many of us who aren't very technically savvy (at least I am not) had no idea of how prominent flash is in todays' applications. I'll get used to it and am still glad I bought the iPad but I gave up many options I had before, probably more options than I ever anticipated.

Most reactions

Latest posts