What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If only...

Major Eazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice if software developers, no matter what system, iPad, Apple, Microsoft, every software, could have, in additional to auto-capitals of any text you type, allow you an auto-title setting, where each words you type gets the first letters in capitals expect for the nouns (or pronouns), which is useful for typing an index of titles of books or DVDs you have.

For example:

The Man with the Goldern Gun
Back to the Future
Crazy like a Fox

And not only that but also allow you the option of setting for every words to start with capitals, like for titles of songs.

That way, I don't have to keep pressing the shift key.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With all due respect, is this a serious question?

I mean how difficult is it to press the Shift key for you?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice if software developers, no matter what system, iPad, Apple, Microsoft, every software, could have, in additional to auto-capitals of any text you type,
For example:

The Man with the Goldern Gun
Back to the Future
Crazy like a Fox

And not only that but also allow you the option of setting for every words to start with capitals, like for titles of songs.

That way, I don't have to keep pressing the shift key.

Well I used it all the time with Total Commander for windows.
I will get a list of 100 songs and rename them with the Capital letter on each word.

OP
Major Eazy

Major Eazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With all due respect, is this a serious question?

I mean how difficult is it to press the Shift key for you?

That wasn't a question, it was just a comment, and yes, I'm serious.

I don't mind having to keep tapping on the shift key on my iPad or press the shift key on an actual keyboard. But there are often times when you can hardly focus and keep slipping up, or didn't tap properly so you still get lower case when you should have upper case. Or that get it wrong, the first letter tend to be lower while the second letter an upper. I was just commenting on wouldn't it be nice if there was software support to help do this as you type.

Yes, I'm serious because it is the proper way to write/type titles with each words having capitals expect for words like a, an, with, the, etc., apart from titles of songs that tend to have every words in capitals.

I've spend a couple of hours typing an index of every comic books I got in my collection that way, hence my serious comment.

Fine, I'll just stop posting.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I apologize if I offended you. It just seemed like a rather odd request, that's all. I don't do any "serious typing" on my iPad so I never saw it as an issue. OTOH, I have worn out "traditional" keyboards on my computer because the cheap ones can't hold up to a lot of constant typing.

Most reactions

Latest posts