What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If it aint broke why fix it.

Patg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently bought the Ipad mini 2 as like size and convenience. Started right away to use the photo app feature where you create a slideshow by importing pictures (my daughter's wedding) and then apply the music which I had previously purchased in ITunes. It worked superbly! The day before yesterday I went to show this slideshow to my son-in-law (I know all you guys out there - he was just humoring me...) however the slideshow started without allowing me to edit and it played a song I had just recently purchased from ITunes - and I can get rid of the song - nor can I change the format of how it plays. It would flash picture to next picture every 5 seconds. Now it opens with the correct picture but then breaks up into smaller views not at all what I created. I hate it! Does anyone know how to correct? I have not downloaded the latest Update IOS 9.0.2 as I am afraid what this might screw up! Any Suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
After you start the slideshow, tap in the center of the screen to get some controls. In the lower left corner there should be an Options button. Tap that to change the various slideshow options.

There does not seem to be a way to get at the options without actually starting a slide show, but the options seem to stick once they are set. At least they did for me. I'd like them to stick just a little less. It would be nice if you could set different options for each album, but what you set is what you get for all albums.

This is definitely a change from iOS 8, where, if I remember right, the slideshow settings were in Settings > Photos; or maybe that was iOS 7. I don't use slideshows much.

When you upgrade it's not uncommon for settings to go back to default, especially if Apple has change what those setting options are; which they appear to have done here. I also don't remember the preset theme music for each display mode.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444090492.096328.jpg

OP
P

Patg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After you start the slideshow, tap in the center of the screen to get some controls. In the lower left corner there should be an Options button. Tap that to change the various slideshow options.

There does not seem to be a way to get at the options without actually starting a slide show, but the options seem to stick once they are set. At least they did for me. I'd like them to stick just a little less. It would be nice if you could set different options for each album, but what you set is what you get for all albums.

This is definitely a change from iOS 8, where, if I remember right, the slideshow settings were in Settings > Photos; or maybe that was iOS 7. I don't use slideshows much.

When you upgrade it's not uncommon for settings to go back to default, especially if Apple has change what those setting options are; which they appear to have done here. I also don't remember the preset theme music for each display mode.

View attachment 68040
Thanks for the quick response - however did find immediately upon opening slideshow that the "options" tool came up and at that point I did try to change the music - it won't change. It keeps defaulting to the latest song I purchased from ITunes. Supposed to be able to search through my playlist but it definitely doesn't. This may be one of these questions that has to be answered after you pay $100.00 for the benefit of Apple advice?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In that case Photos isn't working correctly. You should be able to select a Theme, as well as something from iTunes.

If you have not done so already, try a reset: Hold down the home and power button until you see the Apple Logo. Nothing is erased or changed.

If that does not work, try Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This does not erase anything, or change account settings; but it does change a lot of other settings back to default. With some luck it will default Photos' Slideshow settings and fix whatever glitch is causing the issue.

If that does not work it may be necessary to restore the iPad from a backup, and if that does not work then a clean restore. Hopefully it won't go that far.

BTW, these are the usually the first things Apple will try first as well; but they've got tools that can go deeper.

If you have a nearby Apple Store, then a genius appointment is free, and if they can fix the iPad without hardware or other depot level services then your fix is free. The appointment itself is always free, and you will always be informed of the next step and what it will/won't cost.

Most reactions

Latest posts