What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If i rent movie from itunes. Can i watch it online w.o connectibg to itunes?

Drycat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read somewhere i need to connect to itunes first in order to start up the movie. Is tjis true? I wanted to rent a movie and then watch it for the first time a few days later.. But during this time id be w.o an internet connection.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Once you have downloaded the rented movie to your iPad, you do not need to connect to itunes to watch it. Don't forget that once you start watching it, you only have a limited time in which to finish watching.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's the nature of the current digital rental business..save to watch for up to a month but once you start watching you have 24hrs before it locks up....you can watch as many times in that 24 as you want.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is "on demand" at our house --

begging_dog.gif

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I read somewhere i need to connect to itunes first in order to start up the movie. Is tjis true? I wanted to rent a movie and then watch it for the first time a few days later.. But during this time id be w.o an internet connection.

Yeah, no connection needed. I rented my first movie ("Foolproof") last weekend and had no problem with this. You need iTunes to view it, but not a connection. I still wish that either 1)iTunes supported streaming, so I don't have to download and take up drive space or 2) Amazon's Video on Demand worked on the iPad.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an apple tv not the new model and we rent movies weekly from iTunes. The standard resolution takes up just over 1.2 gb I also have rented a movie on the iPad but only to try it out. Apple is moving to streaming movies shortly with the new apple tv so then the same will be available for the i pad. Well at least one would expect that to happen. Lol

Cheers col

Most reactions

Latest posts