What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If apple asked you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make it bigger! Yes, bigger. A nice 13 inch iPad. Lovely big screen to view and no longer need to aim the pinky finger carefully to hit something ( eg like the Remember Me box when signing in to the forum) Enjoyed changing up to a 60 inch flat screen TV. Would for an iPad too (but not 60 inch:D). Well, the OP did ask

I doubt Apple will sell a 13" iPad anytime soon, because it would be a niche device, but in case you're open to alternatives:

Archos FamilyPad 13.3-inch Android tablet launches next month - SlashGear

todfloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish that apple would allow a person to download apps over 50 meg in size over 4g.

My senior mom just decided that she wanted an IPad. She did now want a desktop computer and nor a laptop. She just wanted a portable easy way to browse the internet from home and discover other uses as well. I got her an Ipad 4 on my verizon account and she has a strong 12+ meg 4g internet connection at her home. The first app she chose was over 50 meg and she was not allowed to download it. I looked for a setting to perhaps bypass this restriction, but none were found. A quick Google search told that it was just was it is.
Having to explain to my mom that she needed to drive 5 miles to town to a wifi point (she's thoroughly doesn't understand) to download that app just doesn't make a lot of sense top her or to me.

But on a positive note, this my first experience with an Ipad and I am completely amazed of the quality the pics as displayed on the screen. The pictures have a pop to them that left me awestruck. A computer hasn't amazed me since my being awestruck how much info my commodore 1541 floppy drive could hold.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
todfloyd said:
I wish that apple would allow a person to download apps over 50 meg in size over 4g.

My senior mom just decided that she wanted an IPad. She did now want a desktop computer and nor a laptop. She just wanted a portable easy way to browse the internet from home and discover other uses as well. I got her an Ipad 4 on my verizon account and she has a strong 12+ meg 4g internet connection at her home. The first app she chose was over 50 meg and she was not allowed to download it. I looked for a setting to perhaps bypass this restriction, but none were found. A quick Google search told that it was just was it is.
Having to explain to my mom that she needed to drive 5 miles to town to a wifi point (she's thoroughly doesn't understand) to download that app just doesn't make a lot of sense top her or to me.

But on a positive note, this my first experience with an Ipad and I am completely amazed of the quality the pics as displayed on the screen. The pictures have a pop to them that left me awestruck. A computer hasn't amazed me since my being awestruck how much info my commodore 1541 floppy drive could hold.

I think the idea behind the limitation was to minimize the chances of network overloads if too much data was being downloaded by users at the same time.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Some times I want this and other times I'm happy for the limit. If you trigger a update while on your cellular you could end up zapping your data plan allocation for the month, or worse. With games near 1 GB in size, this is a real possibility. I don't know where the line should be drawn, though.

iZach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would wish for there to be tiers of iPad ranging from what we have now to iPads with the software and hardware alike to be a full on laptop replacement. They would be sold with more durable glass, better battery life, a Bluetooth keyboard integrated into the slim case and programs like Word and such would come pre installed. That description would be the top model probably with at least 128 GB. But then we'd also be able to purchase a line of the tablet we know today, for people who don't need all of that or don't want to spend as much.

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts