What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idle battery life

Ijen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to get the whole gift shopping out of the way early, I purchased an iPad2 a couple of weeks ago. It's just sitting on my shelf, unopened. It won't be opened for about another 6 weeks.

My question is, will the battery deteriorate if I just leave it there without charge? Should I open it up and put some juice in it? Tricky question; on the one hand I don't want to break the nice clean cellophane wrapping, but I also don't want to damage the battery by non-use... please advise!

Wizee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would just leave it in the box. It should have enough charge to play with. Remember you can plug in and still use while charging. You should have no problems

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will be just fine. Remember they are shipped all the way from China and could sit in the stores for months. Before the iPad has been initialised everything is switched off so the battery will hardly discharge at all.

As the previous poster suggested, just leave it. There won't be a problem.

Tim

OP
I

Ijen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool, that's what I wanted to hear. Ta!

Most reactions

Latest posts