What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ideas to promote my eBook

BaldMelon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I recently published my first eBook. It's an art book collection of hand drawn postcards and decorated envelopes I have sent out through the mail. It's 83 pages, lavishly illustrated, including a couple of videos. It's called "Postcards & Doodles" (by Tim Hodge) and is $3.99 in the US.

I am looking for inexpensive ways to advertise and promote this book. It's sort of for a niche audience, so any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We have a "shamelessly promote your book" thread. That would be one (free) place to start.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also try Facebook. As it is a select intended audience, you can choose who will see specific adverts for your book. The adverts on facebook are now audience specific. Avid readers and the likes will generally be the only ones to see the book on an advert. Also creating a group for it will help, getting your friends to share it on their news feeds also.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
I recently published my first eBook. It's an art book collection of hand drawn postcards and decorated envelopes I have sent out through the mail. It's 83 pages, lavishly illustrated, including a couple of videos. It's called "Postcards & Doodles" (by Tim Hodge) and is $3.99 in the US.

I am looking for inexpensive ways to advertise and promote this book. It's sort of for a niche audience, so any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Welcome...and as Kevin suggested, that thread, however, that would be your announcement. We allow our members to do a 1-time posting of an iBook or App Annoucement. Anything beyond that will be against forum rules.

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Scrawny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
punzhupuzzles.wordpress.com
Start a WordPress blog if you haven't already. Ensure that your blog isn't only about selling your work but includes 'stuff' which may draw an audience and is something you feel passionate about that will come through in your writing.

romnickhudges

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bookgator.com
Try promoting it to forums where your target people are gathered. Aside from that, make use of social media whether twitter, facebook or pinterest and do not forget to interact directly to people who might be interested in your eBook. Oftentimes, the right way to promote your product is be direct and encourage them to look to your offering.

Last edited by a moderator:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
romnickhudges said:
Try promoting it to forums where your target people are gathered. Aside from that, make use of social media whether twitter, facebook or pinterest and do not forget to interact directly to people who might be interested in your eBook. Oftentimes, the right way to promote your product is be direct and encourage them to look to your offering.

Also a good idea to first check the Rules of these Forums etc to see if it is permissible.

A lot of Forums have Supporting Vendors who pay to advertise, this could be a good way of exposing your product to a mass audience.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts