What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idea for multitasking improvement

Jake872

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Multitasking on my iPhone 4 has been excellent, and I'm really looking forward to getting it on my iPad. My idea for a multitasking improvement wouldn't work on the 3.5 inch iPhone screen, but on a 9.7 inch iPad screen (close to the size of some MacBooks), I think this would be very helpful. Here's my suggestion:

When you bring up the multitasking row and hold down on an app, the minus signs appear and you can close apps. What if there was also a plus sign on the other side of the app's icon, and this would allow you to use both apps at the same time in different parts of the screen. For example, say I come across an article on the web and I want to jot down a couple notes. This will certainly be easier with multitasking in 4.2, but what if I want to type these notes in the Pages app (from iWork), while looking at the article at the SAME time? After opening the article in Safari, you would double tap the home button and bring up the multitasking row, then click the plus sign on the Pages app, and half of the screen would be for Safari, and the other half for Pages.

What do you guys think of this? Any chance Apple implements it in a future update?

Most reactions