What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idea for another use for the Ipad

zooropa23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the Ipad would be a great tool for the NFL. If apple could work with the NFL to develop and app or some type of plug-in for reviewing photos from the sideline. Players look at photos of the current game that are printed out and put in a binder, the Ipad would be great for a QB or offensive coordinator to just flip through the photos. Also, offensive coordinators could have all their plays on the Ipad with multiple pages instead of having to highlight all the plays with a marker on a laminated sheet of paper. It would also be great marketing for the Ipad.

Dan

Zane Barker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If apple could work with the NFL to develop and app
Dan

Apple does NOT team up with people to makes apps, that is why they release an SDK (software Development Kit) to developers. If the NFL wants to do something that is completely up to them, NOT apple.

OP
Z

zooropa23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok, take it easy man. I was just posing an idea without being privi to how Apple and apps operate. Seeing how the iPad is a "tweener" device (large iPhone) it really does not have a purpose to the average consumer unless they want to purchase one in order to be perceived as being hip.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If apple could work with the NFL to develop and app
Dan

Apple does NOT team up with people to makes apps, that is why they release an SDK (software Development Kit) to developers. If the NFL wants to do something that is completely up to them, NOT apple.

Yeah chill out..its ok to express your opinion but try another tone.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad will be my sketch pad. I've been dreaming of such a device for years now. The Touch interface will be a fantastic tool!:D

Zane Barker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seeing how the iPad is a "tweener" device (large iPhone) it really does not have a purpose to the average consumer unless they want to purchase one in order to be perceived as being hip.

I COMPLETELY disagree just because ir physically looks like a large iphone does not mean it is one. Take for example the iWork apps that were demoed during the keynote for the iPad, running those on an iPhone would be a horrible experience.

The people I know are NOT planing on purchasing the iPad because it is "hip" they want it because it is more powerful then an iPhone but more personal then a computer.

You cant even really call it a game changer. It NOT an iPhone/iPod Touch and its also not a full computer. Its more of a new game.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok, take it easy man. I was just posing an idea without being privi to how Apple and apps operate. Seeing how the iPad is a "tweener" device (large iPhone) it really does not have a purpose to the average consumer unless they want to purchase one in order to be perceived as being hip.

The iPad isn't a "tweener" device at all, for many people it will be genuinely useful. You might think it's just the next fashion accessory, but there are those of us who will actually get a lot of functionality out of it.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seeing how the iPad is a "tweener" device (large iPhone) it really does not have a purpose to the average consumer unless they want to purchase one in order to be perceived as being hip.

I COMPLETELY disagree just because ir physically looks like a large iphone does not mean it is one. Take for example the iWork apps that were demoed during the keynote for the iPad, running those on an iPhone would be a horrible experience.

The people I know are NOT planing on purchasing the iPad because it is "hip" they want it because it is more powerful then an iPhone but more personal then a computer.

You cant even really call it a game changer. It NOT an iPhone/iPod Touch and its also not a full computer. Its more of a new game.

The iPad isn't a "tweener" device at all, for many people it will be genuinely useful. You might think it's just the next fashion accessory, but there are those of us who will actually get a lot of functionality out of it.
You're both right. If you think about it, the longest activity we do with a computer is using the web.

But we have to realise that although we can do some serious work on the iPad, it wasn't meant to be a workstation.It's a Swiss Army knife, not a tablesaw.

One major restriction that worries me so far is the lack of printing support. That is a major hindrance on certain types of work productivity.

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One major restriction that worries me so far is the lack of printing support. That is a major hindrance on certain types of work productivity.

I'm under the impression from everything I've read that it will, in fact, support printing to a network connected or shared printer. This functionality may be application specific, but I believe the core functions are there. It is also supposed to support connecting to network shares and working with shared documents stored on a file server in a corporate environment.

I could be wrong, but that seems to be the consensus among those talking about the enterprise functions built into it (along with full Exchange Server support).

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm under the impression from everything I've read that it will, in fact, support printing to a network connected or shared printer. This functionality may be application specific, but I believe the core functions are there. It is also supposed to support connecting to network shares and working with shared documents stored on a file server in a corporate environment.

I could be wrong, but that seems to be the consensus among those talking about the enterprise functions built into it (along with full Exchange Server support).
I pray that you're right because everything I've seen so far shows against it.
Someone else told me that printing would be application dependant. Some aps will print, others not.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Print or not to print

I also hope they will connect the Ipad in some way with a network or time machine the main question can be about the printer driver .... but we have a backup solution with Mobile Me .. you can print with an other machine ( all of us have one) ... but of course print directly will be better

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Print or just share ??

I just found this screen shot, they said we will share the document between our mac and the Ipad , this is the noise of a solution for print :))

Attachments

• Screen-shot-2010-02-19-at-8.38.30-PM.jpg
    Screen-shot-2010-02-19-at-8.38.30-PM.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 349

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just found this screen shot, they said we will share the document between our mac and the Ipad , this is the noise of a solution for print. :)
Good find.
It's still is complicated, you have to fire up the computer each time but at least you can print stuff. Will it work with PCs though?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just found this screen shot, they said we will share the document between our mac and the Ipad , this is the noise of a solution for print. :)
Good find.
It's still is complicated, you have to fire up the computer each time but at least you can print stuff. Will it work with PCs though?

I am pretty sure it will work like a charm with PC too , Our dear Steve Job is well know for don't stop in the middle, just work with Mac will open a giant gap for criticize his latest creation ...

rudeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was not a fan of the Mac Mini until I saw it in action on YouTube. People are using the Mac Mini instead of the Apple TV. The Mac Mini is much more versatile for handling digital media than the Apple TV.

Anyway another use I might employ for the iPad would be controlling the Mac Mini which could be hooked up my television. The virtual keyboard on the iPad via bluetooth.

Imagine having all your digital media etc on your tv controlling it with your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts