Icons on Multitaskibg Bar Wiggle out of control

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by agreenberg19, Jun 8, 2013.

1. agreenberg19

agreenberg19 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have experienced this only when the iPad is charging from the AC.

I swipe up with 4 fingers (or double-tap the Home button) to reveal the multitasking bar.
    I should then be able to touch and hold any icon in the bar until the all flash, so I can delete them.
    But when the iPad is plugged in to the AC, the contents of the multitasking bar wiggles - left to right -
    continuously.

So, as soon as I unplug the iPad, the actions return to normal.

Is this a bug that might get fixed in the next update?
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +897 / 0
    Well, just gave that a try, i.e. opened the 'multitask bar' on my iPad2 w/o the AC cable attached & w/ the power on - no difference for me in the behavior - if not already done, I would suggest trying the steps below in sequence - please post back if there is still a problem - good luck! :)

3. agreenberg19

agreenberg19 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    number 1 did not work (that is the original problem).

number 2 (restart). After restarting, the apps were still in the multitasking bar but they still wiggle when I press one.

number 3 (reset). After rebooting, the apps were still in the multitasking bar and when I pressed one, the red X's appeared. But, after running another app and going back to the multitasking bar, they wiggle again.

BTW, swiping gestures such as 4 fingers swiping up to show the MT bar, or 4 fingers pinching in to close an open app also moves the screen in unexpected directions.

I think I'll try another AC adapter or cable, because this does not make sense.

or I might connect the probes of my multimeter to my fingers to see if have a short in my body :)