What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

icons locked on one screen

Romeolo888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am trying to sort my icons out into folders, but i can't seem to move icons from one page to another. same with folders, i cant move them, any assistance would be of great help.

Thanks all

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a page from the iPad User Manual --

ipad19.jpg

The other important question is what version of software is on your iPad? You can not create folders on anything earlier than version 4.2.1. If it is before this, you will need to upgrade.

Kssage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed the same thing... After my update I can't move icons from one page to another... Makes it tricky to make folders.. And it's annoying... Am I missing something?

OP
R

Romeolo888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok i found the problem, before you could move the icons by moving dragging very quickly, but now, i have to drag it slower once my finger reaches near the end of the screen, and works fine. strange the way the update have done this.

thanks for the help everyone. and hope my finding helps others!!

Kssage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Romeolo... Seems like you figured it out! who knew there would be such finesse and technique involved! :)
Let the reorganization begin!
K

Most reactions

Latest posts