What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icon toolbar question

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems my icons change, I do have games and many apps, my iPad is not yet jail broken but what's strange is the play icon next to the battery status bar, can anyone tell me what its for, it's a typicAl icon for tape players and music DAW sequencers but I can't figure our why it's on the status bar.

Sent from my iPad2 64GB wifi 3G using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's an indicator from the operating system iOS that an app is playing audio - maybe the iPod app or an Internet radio app?

Tim

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like it to me. Turn your volume up... Is music playing?

The other thing it could be is location services which is an arrow pointing up-right. That means an app is checking you GPS location... You can see what apps are using Location Services in the settings app.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
double click your home button and close all your apps. When you run your music then close it, it is still running in the background. To close the hold your finger on the icons (After double clicking your home button) they will wiggle and have a red circle with a line through them. Note: If you see them wiggle with a black circle with an x then you are not in the right place.
I'll post a pic in a minute or two.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This shows the close apps.

64GB 3G White iPad

Attachments

• image-1789423321.png
    image-1789423321.png
    669.9 KB · Views: 375

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it looks like this you will delete the app from the iPad instead of closing them.

64GB 3G White iPad

Attachments

• image-1937827451.png
    image-1937827451.png
    696 KB · Views: 339
OP
SkyStudio

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help,

There is no audio in background at all, I restarted and it's gone finally, you know what bugs me is when I'm outside using 3G and this is on sucking the battery and all in the background.

P.S. It was tricky to return to the forum on the iPad using the app after opening your screen shot, can't even remember how I did it, do let me know the trick :)

Last edited:

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
there is an arrow on the top left when you open an image.

OP
SkyStudio

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ncaissie said:
there is an arrow on the top left when you open an image.

It only works with the first image. Once you select a second no more arrows to return, I guess it's possible because somehow I did the first time, this time I rebooted the iPad

Reaction score
SkyStudio said:
It only works with the first image. Once you select a second no more arrows to return, I guess it's possible because somehow I did the first time, this time I rebooted the iPad

You can always tap once on the image and the menu pops up, letting you go back. If for whatever reason, the menu does not show up, zoom out of the image, then tap again on it and the menu will appear.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can also swipe left and right to go between images.

OP
SkyStudio

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ncaissie said:
You can also swipe left and right to go between images.

Same thing, I can return with arrow, swipe back but not if I see 2 images and swipe to the second, if so it's no return with out reboot., try what I'm saying.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but if you tuch the top of the screen it pops back down.

OP
SkyStudio

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ncaissie said:
but if you tuch the top of the screen it pops back down.

All the sudden when I tap the center of the screen the transport bar and arrows show up, was not the case b4, thanks for the help :)

Reaction score
SkyStudio said:
All the sudden when I tap the center of the screen the transport bar and arrows show up, was not the case b4, thanks for the help :)

The menu bar should always appear when taping once on the image. If it doesn't, zoom out then tap again. Not sure, why, but it fixes it 100% of the time for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts