What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icon Change Question

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to change the icon for the iPod app? I ask in advance of iOS5 installation because I can't stand the new icon and want to keep the old one. There isn't anything in the .plist specifying icon files to be used, even though I found the actual icon png.

OP
Munky

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May I ask, how is this off topic when it is clearly hacking, as it requires jailbreak, and won't get the attention that the hacking section does.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have Winterboard installed? If so, the easiest thing to do is to make a theme with the original icon in it as the "modified" icon. Or else, add the original icon to any theme you currently may have installed and running. That's what I would do.

I just hate to actually mess with the true innards of the iPad, hence the suggestion to use Winterboard and theme it.

Whichever you do, if you don't do it right away ... may I suggest you e-mail that icon png to yourself now, so you'll always have it in your computer files...

Marilyn

P.S. I daresay that since you didn't specifically say you were jail broke, that Marie read your post too quick and so moved you. I've moved it back to the Hacking section...

OP
Munky

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I've manually changed the icons since day one....don't know anything about making themes or using them, though I do have winterboard installed since I have 5-row keyboard installed.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May I ask, how is this off topic when it is clearly hacking, as it requires jailbreak, and won't get the attention that the hacking section does.

P.S. I daresay that since you didn't specifically say you were jail broke, that Marie read your post too quick and so moved you. I've moved it back to the Hacking section...

Correct ~ and you mentioned iPOD.

That's why.:) Be more specific in the future.

Most reactions

Latest posts