What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icloud??

antoinetteoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys.. I am totally new to the world of the iPad as I only got it today for my birthday! I am a teacher and I have a lot of stuff on files on USB keys etc. is there any way to open these files on the iPad as I would like to use them in the class too?

I also want to use the iPad as an inactive white board....like have a blank template to write stuff on and then connect to white board??

Plus can anyone tell me what is iCloud? Explain it to me like I'm a 2 year old please!! I have the iPhone 4.... It's not it's not iOS 5 yet...does it need to be??

Hope someone can help..

Plus I would love to know a legal way around flash????

khaloul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
antoinetteoc said:
Hi guys.. I am totally new to the world of the iPad as I only got it today for my birthday! I am a teacher and I have a lot of stuff on files on USB keys etc. is there any way to open these files on the iPad as I would like to use them in the class too?

I also want to use the iPad as an inactive white board....like have a blank template to write stuff on and then connect to white board??

Plus can anyone tell me what is iCloud? Explain it to me like I'm a 2 year old please!! I have the iPhone 4.... It's not it's not iOS 5 yet...does it need to be??

Hope someone can help..

Dear,
1- ref. to the students files, if it is word, excel or PDF, the easiest way to move them to your iPad is to configure your e-mail account in the iPad then send them by mail to yourself.
2- iCloud: this is a new future from apple which allow you to backup your iPad data such as the contacts, calendar, mail.... etc. also you could access your data via the Internet by using the www.icloud.com. You could find the data which you backed up there and you could use them from there, for example if you forget your iPad want to review your calendar or if you need the contact details of someone your could rich them in this site after you logged in via your username and password. Also there is a good thing there, which called find my friend, and find my iPhone, if you lose your idevice you could find its location also you could find your friend location. (You could not use the iCloud unless you have iOS 5)

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
antoinetteoc said:

Hope someone can help..

For files on a USB key, you're out of luck. But put your stuff in a Box.net/Dropbox account, and you'll have access to them

Cannot help with WhiteBoard...

iCloud is a service integrated into all iOS devices running iOS 5. All your devices can be sync using that service. Let's say for example that you have a book in iBook on your iPhone, that book will be automatically transferred to your iPad even synching the page you are currently reading. There is a lot of features using iCloud so reading on Apple's website will explain everything... Basically, iCloud is saving/synching your data across your iOS 5 devices. Of course, you can configure everything to save/sync only stuff you want.

Flash is a sensitive subject in this forum. Use the search button as questions have been answered many times already...

VicoPad addict!

Most reactions

Latest posts