What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud

TillysWilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I updated it last night but now everytime I try and and use iCloud backup it says "there was a problem enabling iCloud Backup". Anyone else having this problem at all?

petersmum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got the same problem. Could it be due to the high amount of traffic trying to upload to iCloud?

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've got the same problem. Could it be due to the high amount of traffic trying to upload to iCloud?
yes i got that too and when i clicked" later "it wouldn't let me move on so i clicked backup to computer,however when i went into settings i found that you can enable cloud backups from there,hope that helps.

OP
TillysWilly

TillysWilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yea i did the same thing but when I go into settings it says the same thing when I try to do it

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
yea i did the same thing but when I go into settings it says the same thing when I try to do it
ah right,i didn't try it,i thought id do it later,il try it now.........damn,it doesn't work,might have to ring apple and ask them.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You get 5GB free with an Apple ID - you can get more by paying to upgrade. If you had a MobileMe account, you roll over to iCloud with a 20GB upgrade paid up until June 30, 2012.

Last edited:

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
epb said:
You get 5GB free with an Apple ID - you can get more by paying to upgrade. If you had a MobileMe account, you roll over to iCloud with a 20GB upgrade paid up until June 20, 2012.

Lame. Guess I have to rely on wireless sync.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

mjtyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TillysWilly said:
Ok I updated it last night but now everytime I try and and use iCloud backup it says "there was a problem enabling iCloud Backup". Anyone else having this problem at all?

I did have that very same problem straight after updating to ios 5. I left it overnight and the next morning it just worked and the error was no longer there. Not really sure what happened, guess every one tried at the same time, or my Internet was playing up as usual.

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just thought it was worth mentioning that iCloud doesn't offer Gig for Gig storage... the way it stores the file on it's servers needs a lot less space than they do to view them on an iDevice. I backed up 7GB and it took only 0.9 gb of my iCloud storage space. Their own blurb about icloud says that 5 is a huge amount of storage.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Milliebert said:
I just thought it was worth mentioning that iCloud doesn't offer Gig for Gig storage... the way it stores the file on it's servers needs a lot less space than they do to view them on an iDevice. I backed up 7GB and it took only 0.9 gb of my iCloud storage space. Their own blurb about icloud says that 5 is a huge amount of storage.

That's because they don't bother backing up anything bought from iTunes. It's already on their servers so why make a copy, they just backup a list of your content and any associated data.

Most reactions

Latest posts