What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icloud ?

Stephen Belgium

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi am I missing something ? So all your music and photo's are up in the cloud and to access them you go online and get them.like me ! I thought must people had wi-fi only iPad so if I have no wi-fi I have no music,photos or contacts?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stephen Belgium said:
Hi am I missing something ? So all your music and photo's are up in the cloud and to access them you go online and get them.like me ! I thought must people had wi-fi only iPad so if I have no wi-fi I have no music,photos or contacts?

You keep on the iCloud everything but you keep on your device what you want on your device, it's up to you what you have on your device. The iCloud will not suck everything off of your device, that would be pointless. From that point of view it's no different to now, just see the iCloud as your computer but in virtual form and available whenever you have wifi access and not just when you are at home and in the same room as your computer.

The Archangel

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tend to be both clueless, behind the curve, 73.46% Luddite, and ever so suspicious of anything in the clouds. Be it UFOs or the latest Justin Beaver MP3 files.

I was in the clouds before the iPhone arrived and before the word cloud arrived, to be sure. It was called a web server and I would store video training materials, wave files, images, and documents. I see very little difference between this fancy pants place called the cloud and the way it has always been done.

Just marketing speak for old ways of doing stuff. And isnt the entire web in the cloud providing cloud services?

Anyone want to tell me how the cloud differs from putting my work files on the web in a super secret location? Like I still do?

Perhaps I am as jaded as a Buddha temple, and I am clearly missing some finer point
By the way, no offense to those of the Buddha faith.

I need coffee and pie.

Most reactions

Latest posts