What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud Upload Time?

LTCSZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it normal for the upload time from my iPad Air 2 to be long? I have been trying to upload my photo library (428 items) to my iCloud library for over an hour. The little blue indicator line went about halfway very quickly and has now stopped moving all together. Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes. It can take a very long time. My 3000 photos (roughly) took about three days to finish uploading and syncing across all devices; and my primary upload source was my iMac, which should be faster than the iPad.

Give it a day or two before you worry about it.

Once it's caught up updates are fairly fast, though still not instant.

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
.... twerppoet is right as rain . I to recently uploaded nothing but photos .
Roughly 1200, and it took hours. I pad 2 has a 12.9 g capacity fresh out of the box . I cloud allows 5 gig storage for Free and there are other
Apps that give you mostly up to 5 g free and I have them all , box,
Pocket, drive, etc . However I only dedicated 1 of these for photos and videos, and along with I cloud I had 2.5 g left available on I cloud
And less than 3 on my device , but I noticed after uploading and cleaning house it wasworth the time in uploading ,and the hrs it took me to " push the broom around the I pad " because the trade of for the speed is well worth it for another year. Your doing fine , if it was over really fast or even moderate , then I would say you have a problem

Most reactions

Latest posts