What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud sync issue (haven't seen an answer here yet)

huckwalton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen similar issues, but nothing so far like mine.

My iPad is giving me that pop-up that says iCloud is full and can't sync. When I visit the iCloud managment tools, it says that I am currently using .2 gigs out of 5. I should have plenty of room. Additionally, the little green bar at the bottom is showing a small sliver of used data. Why is the iPad telling me it's full and can't sync?

Thank you!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmm, good question.

Ok, I don't no what is happening, but this is the first thing I would check.

Are you backing up to iCloud? If yes:

Check out Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage. Select your device.

Is the Next Backup Size (just above the app list) larger than your remaining iCloud storage?

If it is, work your way through the app list and turn off backups for apps who's data you don't care about (with an eye on how much space each app is taking). Or, go to the high MB apps and clean out the stuff you don't need.

If this isn't the problem you may want to contact Apple and ask what's up. It could be a glitch in your account.

OP
H

huckwalton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you! That did the trick. The next backup was 7 gigs. I'll fix that now by turning some stuff off.

Thanks again!

Most reactions