What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud swapping

Jammydodger87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm hoping someone can please help

I have an iPad, not sure which model, but I am signed into icloud on both the iPad and my iphone. My partners iphone just died and I want to know if I can log out of my iCloud on the iPad and into another one, and still be able to switch back and forth on iPad between our two iCloud accounts - it says that I will lose some notes on the iPad and I don't want to lose anything permanently if I can help it.

Chattykathy1958

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can a person go back and forth between those 2 iCloud accounts? Sign into one and then assign out and go into the other iCloud account?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can a person go back and forth between those 2 iCloud accounts? Sign into one and then assign out and go into the other iCloud account?

Hi Chattykathy.... - you are responding to a 2+ year old thread - not a good idea if you want others to read and post. Also, please explain why you need to sign into and out of two iCloud accounts - may just help others to provide an appropriate answer. Dave

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To expand on SciFan’s post.

Swapping iTunes/App Store accounts and iCloud accounts are two different things. With the App Store all you have to worry about is switching back and forth to update or re-download apps.

iCloud isn’t just one service, it is several storage, syncing, backup, and media services combined. You won’t just be switching cloud storage, you’ll be switching places that sync data to your iPad. Files, third party app data that is stored in iCloud, iCloud Photos Library, and Apps that sync through iCloud could all be negatively impacted by switching iCloud accounts.

Something as simple as having more than one iCloud email account is easy. You don’t even need to switch. Just add the second account in Passwords & Accounts. You wont’ get all the main iCloud account options, but calendars, reminders, and a few other email related services can used.

Careful selection of what iCloud services you use might make it possible to switch without issues, but I would not recomend it. Instead, identify the things you want to switch, and why. There is probably a better solution than switching between iCloud accounts.

Note: While iCloud and iTunes/App Store account are setup with the same ID and password by default, they are really two different things and can be logged into seperately.

Most reactions

Latest posts