What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud Storage snafu?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Quite a few old MobileMe users are seeing this.

At the end of September our legacy 25GB storage limit was supposed to drop back to the free 5GB limit, unless we paid for more. Several people around the net are reporting that they are now seeing that date pushed back to the year 2050. Since there has been no letter or announcement from Apple the general conclusion is that it's a bug, or something.

I'd already decided I did not need 25GB, but wasn't comfortable with just 5GB, so I opted to pay $20 for the 15GB storage limit. When the news first started circulating I checked, and was still due to pay on schedule. I figured the bug missed me.

But my bill did not show up, so I looked again.

All I can say is that I hope I'm not too senile to remember to pay when the bill does come due. ;)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ha! We should all have such problems.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Couldn't you just set a reminder to remind you to not pay lol!

Of course I set a reminder to watch something but wasn't near my iPad so that might not work.

Last edited:
OP
twerppoet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
An interesting idea.

It would be amazing if a reminder set today somehow managed to survive all the inevitable hardware, software, and service changes and still work in 2050. It would probably make a good future children's book, The Little Reminder that Remembered. They could watch it on their iContacts.

OP
twerppoet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just got an email from Apple letting me know my 25GB storage plan has been extended until Sep 2013. Checked my account details and it's live there.

While they are not saying so, I'm guessing it's Apple's way of apologizing for the year 2050 snafu.

At any rate, I'm not complaining. Another year of free storage, woo whoo! :D

Most reactions