What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

icloud question

kohler2009

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Am trying to set up icloud on my ipad2, but, when I go into settings, I am not seeing icloud on the left side list. Am I missing something?

OP
K

kohler2009

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure what I did but it looks like it is all working now!! Thanks for your help!

OP
K

kohler2009

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I lied....all my stuff sync'd but I still don't see the cloud under my settings....

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you updated your iPad to iOS 5? iCloud only works with iOS 5 and later.

If you are not sure, you can check your iOS version by going to Settings > General > About.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You need to make sure you are running the latest version of iTunes on your computer. You hook up your iPad, and if it does not prompt you select the iPad, got to the Summary page, and click on Update. I recommend the download only options. It has fewer problems, in general.

Once the download is finished you connect the iPad again to do the actual update.

I highly recommend reading over this thread before you start. You may have no problems at all, probably won't, but it does not hurt to be prepared.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/49411-ios-5-5-0-1-upgrade-troubleshooting.html#post339338

Also, the update has several stages with reboots and pauses in between. Do not disconnect the iPad until the very last sync with iTunes.

Also, also. If you have important files on the iPad, make backups of them. This full update will erase all content from the iPad, and while it should restore the apps and data later it has been known to fail.

Also, this video about preparing for the update isn't a bad place to start.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
K

kohler2009

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the information! I updated and now I am good to go!

Most reactions

Latest posts