What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud question

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Sorry if this is in wrong forum, please move if needs be

I updated my mac this morning and when i restarted it asked my to sign into the iCloud service. As we know, it automatically pushes things to all my devices.

but....

even though i want to sign into iCloud i dont want it to automatically push everything to all my devices. i want control over that side of things. is this possible? can i set it not to automatically push? can it be set to manual so i can pick and choose what gets pushed to where and not?
not all of us automatically want all our devices jammed up with all the same crap on all our devices.

thank you

vitamin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
Sorry if this is in wrong forum, please move if needs be

I updated my mac this morning and when i restarted it asked my to sign into the iCloud service. As we know, it automatically pushes things to all my devices.

but....

even though i want to sign into iCloud i dont want it to automatically push everything to all my devices. i want control over that side of things. is this possible? can i set it not to automatically push? can it be set to manual so i can pick and choose what gets pushed to where and not?
not all of us automatically want all our devices jammed up with all the same crap on all our devices.

thank you

My wife and I share the same account but use different contacts, mail, and calendar. How do I get it to only sync our devices independently?

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Goto Settings/iCloud/Storage and Backup/Manage Storage and select your iPad and touch Show All Apps in the Backup Options menu. This will let you select what you want to push from every single app on your iPad, as well as tell you the amount of space it will require.

My wife and I share the same account but use different contacts, mail, and calendar. How do I get it to only sync our devices independently?

Following the menu above, when you get to the Manage Storage screen you'll see each iPad's name in your Backups menu. You select each separately and decide how you want to back it up independent of your other devices, though both will subtract from your total available space. If you each need the full 5GB, remember that currently iCloud accounts are separate from your Apple ID account. You could create a new iCloud account for one of you and use that account to back up one iPad while using your original for another, both at no charge, while still using your Apple ID on both iPads for everything else.

Most reactions

Latest posts