icloud problem, help is wanted!

Discussion in 'iCloud' started by Giulia, May 2, 2014.

1. Giulia

Giulia iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can someone please help me? I’m stuck on the activation screen in my iphone and it keeps asking me to enter the Apple ID of the previous owner… I bought this iphone second handed but the previous owner forgot to disable Find My iPhone and he doesn’t know the Apple ID either, he gave me this website to let it unlock http://www.unlockios7icloud.com/ is this even legit? :S Someone ever tried this website?

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  2. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,928 / 8
    Hi, Giulia! Welcome to iPF!

There's no way to activate the iPad without the previous owner's Apple ID and password. I'm in doubt that this website will help either. Since iOS 7, there were and still are iPad users who can't activate their device because of iCloud's Find my iPad. I'm afraid there's no workaround for this. Sorry!

3. Giulia

Giulia iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So anyone tested this website? they are selling some tool to unlock icloud. Ty for the fast replay, but im waiting more opinions(please don't remove the link to website because i want to know what is the opinion of the people, ty for understanding).

4. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,383 / 0
    Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I also agree with JA here....you will need the Apple ID and password of whoever set up this iPhone, it's the only way to deactivate the Find My iPhone feature to restore it.

I find it strange the previous owner would give you this website and not try to remember his credentials, so maybe the phone was never his in the first place.

And sadly there will be scammers out there saying they can do this.......I dare say you will waste your money going this route.

We do have a sister forum, iPhones Forum for all things related to the iPhone.....you may just like to have a look!
    http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/forum.php

and lastly have a look at this thread for other opinions and maybe a better understanding of what's involved.
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/120738-ipad-apple-id-password-problem.html

5. Giulia

Giulia iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ty for all your answers , so the only option i have left is to change the logic board?

6. leelai

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,383 / 0
    Now I wouldn't know about any of that at all..... Others may but it's a stretch at best!

You best bet is the person who sold it to you.....if it was theirs, they should know the ID and password.

Could you try to return it? They've actually sold you a worthless device regardless without this info.

7. Giulia

Giulia iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actualy the person who sold me the iphone removed his icloud account , but it seems now after i restore the iphone it gives me this eror and im stucked in activation screen.

8. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,732 / 6
    If you're getting the request to enter the Apple ID and password of the previous owner, the iPhone was not properly erased and is still listed in his iCloud account. If the phone was properly erased by the previous owner you would not be stuck on the activation screen. Can you contact the seller and ask him to properly erase the phone? If not, there is, unfortunately, no known way to bypass activation lock and activate the iPhone.

9. Giulia

Giulia iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its showming me an message on the screen with the owner e-mail and a possibility to contact him, but i just bought the device from him and he told me everything its ok. Did i was scamed?

10. scifan57

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,732 / 6
    If the message you see is asking for the seller's Apple ID (email address) and password and the seller says everything is ok; then, yes, you were scammed. Without the seller's cooperation you will never be able to erase and activate the iPhone.

11. leelai

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,383 / 0
    If he does not do the right thing by you and deactivate Find my iPhone, then yes this would be scamming you.

Is the name in the email address the same name as the person who sold you the iPhone? You need to get back in touch with him and he will need to follow these instructions-

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5661

12. Giulia

Giulia iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ty for the fast replays, well im think il buy a new iphone online , is it risky? because i don't want to have again the same problem as before

13. scifan57

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,732 / 6
    It can be very risky to buy an iPhone online, especially from a private seller on eBay. High tech items, such as iPhones, are one of the most fraud prone areas on eBay. Ideally you should buy from a local seller, where you can inspect the iPhone before paying for it. Buying from a large established seller is much less risky.

Of course, the best place to buy iPhones online is the Apple online store, which sells both new and refurbished items.

14. Giulia

Giulia iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would like to buy it from an retail seller like vodafone,orange etc does it worth? Or i can try to buy it via e-bay? What are your opinions?

15. Giulia

Giulia iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2014