What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud icon in App Store?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yesterday, I downloaded a free app from the App Store. The FREE button changed to an iCloud button as the screen loaded, and I was not asked for my password. Does anyone know what's going on here? Did I miss the memo?

Change can be good, but unexplained change is bad, or at least suspicious.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only thing that could have happened is that you had owned this app in the past. The cloud icon means its already on your account and all you Ajax to do (as you found) is to press the cloud to install it on your iPad.

This is normal, having the cloud there. It's supposed to have been that way since iOS 5 (or maybe iOS 6 ... I forget). It just hadn't worked correctly for me before. But it seems it's just starting working better these past couple of weeks. Which is probably why you noticed it now.

Marilyn

OP
LannyC

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, Marilyn. There were three apps, and while I probably did try one of them before, I don't recall the other two at all. Oh well...

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

Most reactions