What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud calendar deleting events more than 4 weeks old

Eliche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I have an iPad 1 (IOS 5.1) and an iPhone 4s (IOS 5.1) and I'm using iCloud to sync my calendars. I don't have a Mac or any other Apple devices.

I am finding that my historic events more than about 4-5 weeks old are being deleted from my iPad & iPhone calendars but seem to be retained on the iCloud calendar.

I have switched off iCloud on the iPhone for now to try and resolve the problem but so far no change.

I have seen posts pointing to iTunes and changing the "do not sync older than 30 days" option but that only seems to link to Outlook and not iCloud.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I retain all my events on my iPad and my iPhone as well?

Stressedtess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I went back to search for events only to find that everything had been deleted. Is there a way to keep all things on the calendar until I want to remove them????
This is really annoying. All help and advise appreciated.
Thanks

Lseibert4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I have lost all entries from January to March. I need to keep the entire year for work.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think you go to settings, mail contacts calendar , and under calendar choose sync all or 6 months or whatever y:eek:Ou want.

Stillorganboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have lost my Callander entries over 6 weeks old. I have the iPad ( first edition ) it's really annoying.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bennettb said:
I think you go to settings, mail contacts calendar , and under calendar choose sync all or 6 months or whatever y:eek:Ou want.

Yes, this is right. You all must have "delete older than 30 days" selected. It's in the device itself not iCloud or iTunes.

carl.kohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Old calandar Entries

I have just discovered that I have lost everything older than a month. How can I get my data back?

This is close to criminal! I am extremely upset!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have mine set to All Events (under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Calendars > Sync > All Events), and my calendars have been saved for years, accessible via all my iDevices. I've never lost a single calendar entry that I can recall.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use gmail as main mail account and not iCloud. I have never lost any emails using this method so I don't understand the issue. I advise my clients to set up a gmail account and forward all accounts through gmail. My only thought is the device ie iPad is not set up correctly so emails after 30 days are being deleted automatically

grabbit97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use gmail as my main calendar and have gone to SETTINGS,MAIL..CALENDAR..CONTACTS.., and chosen sync ..ALL EVENTS and it still onliy goes back 6 months but on my android phone my calendar goes back several years....HELP?

carl.kohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay has it correct: Set to "All Events" in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Calendars > Sync > All Events.

I had lost all my older calendar data as well but after resetting to "All Events" it reappeared and I now have my scheduled appointments back many years.

grabbit97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried what you said, it still only goes back 6 months on the iPad, and years on android phone

lollyk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I have mine set to All Events (under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Calendars > Sync > All Events), and my calendars have been saved for years, accessible via all my iDevices. I've never lost a single calendar entry that I can recall.

Thanks for this info. I've been swearing at my calendar for weeks whilst googling solutions. This fix worked and I've got all my stuff back. Thank you so much.

Most reactions

Latest posts