What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICloud Backup

ronspa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having alot of trouble backing up my data from my IPad to ICloud. The bar just does not even tell me how long it will take. Any suggestions!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Advanced Search box (at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

My advice with respect to the iCloud backup is to wait a few days until the demand on Apple's servers lightens a bit. Millions are trying to do all sorts of things right now and it's causing a lot of slowdowns and lost connections.

Welcome again and enjoy!

Cano44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone out there using a movil hot spot, like MiFi 4G LTE from Verizon?

If so, have you run into the problem that the iPad "thinks" it has a WiFi connections and triggers the iCloud backup, only that this "WiFi" has limited data of 5MB per month and that can be eaten by one single iPad backup in no time.

Be careful, if not you may end up running very large data bills from the portable hot spot if you allow the iPad to backup through it.

It would be nice to have a feature to exclude certain WiFi networks from the automatic backup feature...

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If so, have you run into the problem that the iPad "thinks" it has a WiFi connections and triggers the iCloud backup, only that this "WiFi" has limited data of 5MB per month and that can be eaten by one single iPad backup in no time.

Be careful, if not you may end up running very large data bills from the portable hot spot if you allow the iPad to backup through it.

It would be nice to have a feature to exclude certain WiFi networks from the automatic backup feature...
Limit of 5MB per month? Did you mean 5GB/mo.? 5MB is next to nothing. Just curious if it was a typo.

Cano44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry. That was a typo. It is 5GB.

Still small enough to backup my iPad through the MiFi, is a 64 GB and much of it is data, including recordings from notability that sometimes run for over two hours...

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry. That was a typo. It is 5GB.

Still small enough to backup my iPad through the MiFi, is a 64 GB and much of it is data, including recordings from notability that sometimes run for over two hours...
Ah, got it. 5MB would be wiped out with a couple of emails for me! ;)

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I've got the Clear iSpot and have seen the same - fortunately it's unlimited data but yeah, the iCloud needs a back-up scheduler instead of being so willy-nilly.

Most reactions

Latest posts