What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud account already added message

Temp01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been a Mac user for a good 20 years and have had a iPhone for 3 years and a iPad for the last year. Been using mobile.me for several years and changed to iCloud a few months ago to sync my calendars, address books, etc. Recently the email account I had and was popping to all my devices was hacked so I decided to switch to the me.com account. Setup was very easy on the computer and phone. Just turned it on and immediately the mail was working. Went to my ipad, turned on the mail in the general settings and when I went to my mail icon I received the "Welcome to Mail" Screen that showed Yahoo, Mobileme, etc. So, I selected iCloud entered my account and password. It gave me a message that this account has already been added to your iPad. I can't get past that. I've tried different things. Tried turning off the email in settings and trying to open it through mail, nothing. Can't seem to get past this. Suggestions?:rolleyes:

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone may have a better option but have u tried resetting ur iPad?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. If you see your iCloud or old MobileMe account there, delete it. Now go back to Settings > iCloud and sign in.

Most reactions