1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Icarbons

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by samd724, May 21, 2012.

1. samd724

samd724 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I just wanted to share. I recently purchased an icarbons skin and it is awesome. Just wanted to post a pic. This is a great alternative to a case.

Attached Files:

2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    Yes, those are nice. You need a hair dryer, right, for the corners?
  3. samd724

samd724 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yes, I heated the corners with a hair dryer and they molded right to the iPad. Not to difficult at all and came out without any wrinkles.
  4. AQ_OC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    I'm thinking about buying that to go on the back of my logitech ultra-thin keyboard once I get it. My plan would be to trim off the part that has the speaker exposure. I already have a skin similar to that on my iPad. I like skins and use them even if I put my device into a case. The are the first line of defense against scratches, IMO.
  5. Tigerman82

Tigerman82 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I bought iCarbons black carbon fiber back skin for my new iPad (4th gen.). I think they look supercool and protect the back while being compatible with BT keyboard covers. At first the installation seemed to go perfectly but there was one or two corners (the very tips of the corner skin) I just couldn't get to go down no matter how I tried. I used a hair dryer as instructed but they wouldn't stay down. It almost seems like the tips of the corner skin have little or no adhesive (they seem less sticky then other parts of the skin). I'm currently trying to get an answer from iCarbons regarding this situation. I'm liking their product very much but the iPad could look better as I have two corners with the tip of the skin raised.
  6. iJamesH

iJamesH iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +114 / 0
    Are those things permanent or can you remove those anytime?
  7. AQ_OC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    They have glue on them. Removable anytime . You could even put it back on too...if you don't get it all folded upon itself.