What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icarbons

samd724

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just wanted to share. I recently purchased an icarbons skin and it is awesome. Just wanted to post a pic. This is a great alternative to a case.

Attachments

• image-2022803395.jpg
    image-2022803395.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 352

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, those are nice. You need a hair dryer, right, for the corners?

OP
samd724

samd724

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I heated the corners with a hair dryer and they molded right to the iPad. Not to difficult at all and came out without any wrinkles.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying that to go on the back of my logitech ultra-thin keyboard once I get it. My plan would be to trim off the part that has the speaker exposure. I already have a skin similar to that on my iPad. I like skins and use them even if I put my device into a case. The are the first line of defense against scratches, IMO.

Tigerman82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought iCarbons black carbon fiber back skin for my new iPad (4th gen.). I think they look supercool and protect the back while being compatible with BT keyboard covers. At first the installation seemed to go perfectly but there was one or two corners (the very tips of the corner skin) I just couldn't get to go down no matter how I tried. I used a hair dryer as instructed but they wouldn't stay down. It almost seems like the tips of the corner skin have little or no adhesive (they seem less sticky then other parts of the skin). I'm currently trying to get an answer from iCarbons regarding this situation. I'm liking their product very much but the iPad could look better as I have two corners with the tip of the skin raised.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are those things permanent or can you remove those anytime?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are those things permanent or can you remove those anytime?

They have glue on them. Removable anytime . You could even put it back on too...if you don't get it all folded upon itself.

Most reactions

Latest posts