What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ical Export/Import ability

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bauernfeind said:
How do you export a calendar in iCal and how do you import?

Could be wrong, but shouldn't it all sync automatically. Mine seems to keep sync with all my devices through iCloud.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Importing: Export a vCard file from your other contact app (if you can), email it to yourself, open the email on the iPad, tap and hold on attachment, choose to add it to Contacts.

I saw a article the other day that said you should be able to drag a vCard file onto to the Calendar app in iCloud.com (with no address selected) and it would import. I tried this, but it was a fail. It looks like it will work, but does not, and the app goes all weird. Each time I tried to click on someting it opened a file dialog, only selecting the vCard file int he dialog did not work either. I had to refresh the page to get the app to work again. I was using the most up to date version of Safari on an iMac,. It should have worked with that setup if it was going to work at all.

I think this may work in the future, but has bugs now. Dragging the vCard file into mail added it as an attachment, so the basic tools are there.

Exporting:

I believe there are some apps you can get from the App Store that claim they will create and email and export file for your Contacts. That's all I know of. There is no option to export from either the iPad or iCloud at this time. At least nothing I could find. I'm rather disappointed. The MobileMe Calendar app could do both.

Marine 47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I put many entries on my iPad and iPod calendars, but I cannot get those events to merge into my iCal on my iMac. Any suggestions?

dougrogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Merge two calendars on your Mac: export as a file one of the calendars, then Import that file. You are given a choice in a popup as to which calendar you want to import the events into.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
bauernfeind said:
"On the Mac" is one thing -- but how do you do this on the iPad?

You don't, at least not with the stock apps. All you can do is select your events individually, chose edit, and change the calendar. Tedious, but possible.

Most reactions

Latest posts