What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icade blutooth will not connect after evasion jailbreak on ipad3

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all as the title says I'm having some problems pairing the icade to my ipad3 on 6.1 after a clean restore and using evasion 6.1, I have been sat here of 2 hours now and I just can't seem to pair the device to my blutooth on ipad, I was on 5.1.1 absinthe before I done my restore and evasion upgrade to 6.1, it was working on 5.1.1 absinthe, can someone please please help me out here, does anyone know of any problems with blutooth after evasion on icade or other devices trying to connect with blutooth, I cannot get my head round this and any help would go a long way indeed, Very much appreciated, hope to hear from some of you guys soon, thx.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anybody :-( know anything about this at all ....

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well it might not help, but I am having Bluetooth issues also. I could pair with the Bluetooth radio device even after the jailbreak. Then all of a sudden I cannot. I have always experienced Bluetooth issues and they seem to work theirselves out after a while. Some of the time I can get connected by factory resetting the device so it forgets any devices it had paired with. This doesn't always help.
I hope you get yours worked out.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have just tested my blutooth speaker and this has connected ok, I know there is nothing wrong with my icade so ia it possible it is remembering the set up from last time it eas connected on 5.1.1 and conflcting with previous information ?

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
May I add my blutooth speaker was connected 5.1.1 this was the first time on 6.1.1 and connected no problems, i know there is a code to connect ipad to icade maybe it is conflicting somewhere but i cannot even get it to pair with the deivice :-( can i factory restore on a jb ? Remembering i have already restored and updated on itunes before jb, i have not done any factory resttings on my ipad device is this what you mean ?

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Could I try any of these settings would this affect my jb?

Attachments

• image-3336409985.jpg
    image-3336409985.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 618

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
May I add my blutooth speaker was connected 5.1.1 this was the first time on 6.1.1 and connected no problems, i know there is a code to connect ipad to icade maybe it is conflicting somewhere but i cannot even get it to pair with the deivice :-( can i factory restore on a jb ? Remembering i have already restored and updated on itunes before jb, i have not done any factory resttings on my ipad device is this what you mean ?

I was meaning resetting the icade so it forgets previous pairings. Then it should look for new devices to pair with, namely your iPad.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you know ho to reset the icade ;-) that sounds like an great idea.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok here's the update so far.

Ipad3 64gb wifi 3G

Before you start reading I should say that when Icade was connected to 5.1.1 it did ask me for a code that was entered via icade to ipad3.

Icade won't pair on 6.1 evasion jailbreak but It was connecting to 5.1.1 absinthe jailbreak with no problems ( I don't think there is a blutooth problem with jailbreak, as you will see in the next line.

I tried to connect my blutooth speaker which easily connected to my jb 6.1 evasion this also was previously connected with no problems on my 5.1.1 absinthe

So by process of elimination so far I have worked out my blutooth is working on my ipad, so is my icade blutooth working, the answer is yes, see next line.

To check icade is working ok I turn blutooth on my laptop and try to connect my icade, it connects with no difficulty and asks me for the code for icade, brilliant so I now know that both ipad 3 blutooth and icade blutooth work, just not with each other.

So by process of elimination overall I do reckon there is a confliction somewhere with the previous code still being stuck in the ipad3 from previous connection on 5.1.1 even although I did restore before upgrading to 6.1

A the moment I hold own the buttons to connect and it just won't pair, it tries but it just comes up with ( please make sure ion icade is on and in reach etc blah blah ) what I would imagine it should be doing is 1 of the 2 steps below:

1. Asking for code to enter as I have restored my ipad and it should be syncing with a new device

2. Just connect as I have previously entered 1 code on 5.1.1 ( although I would've thought this was erased after restore )

Does anyone have a solution or help, I am searching how to restore icade at the moment unsuccesfully, although I do think it's something stored within my ipad from previous connection can I erase the previous connection, I do have I file on my pad3 ? Why will they not pair ?

Overall both are working just not with each other, please please help, I love my ipad mainly because of the icade it's 1 of the biggest attractions for me , thx.

Al.

Last edited:

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Any suggestions ? :-(

Although I am not positive, resetting the network settings should not mess up your jailbreak. It will reset the settings you have in your network settings including the Bluetooth pairings. I'll try it on my iPad 1 right now.
1. It did a hard reset after warning that the network settings would be set back to factory defaults.
2. The Apple logo showed up.
3. The unlock screen showed up with the Disney font on the clock. That's a good sign.
4. The icons were still using the jailbroken options.
5. I was no longer set to the static IP address on my wifi, so I had to reconnect to my wifi.

I didn't lose the jailbreak and all of the network settings were set back to factory.
Fid

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mmm so that could be the eay to go then ?

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds loke a plan :) fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts