What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCade Arcade Cabinet for iPad

red_seal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey everyone, as some as you may know I have a none working iCade cabinet for my ipad. I think it was the shipping guys fault, it got so banged up in the box on the way to my house that it doesn't work properly at all. I got a full refund, but I'm stuck with this cabinet. I don't like throwing things out and I thought maybe a genius here would know how I could re-use it or get it working?

Is there something I could do myself to make this usable for games on my ipad somehow? The cabinet and joysticks are nice and it would be a shame to just throw it out because it would be great to play games on after class. Thank you : )

Attachments

• iCade-Retro-iPad.jpg
    iCade-Retro-iPad.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 726

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi - well, cannot help much (my son might - he's an IT guy w/ a bunch of this stuff in his house - :D), but I was looking at the game console on Amazon HERE - have you been able to determined what the problem(s) may be, e.g. bluetooth connection, certain buttons, etc.? Might help others who may be familiar w/ this particular product?

Also, check out the Amazon link - there are over 60 Q&As which might address a non-functioning console; if not, then leave a question there - the responders are usually owners of the products under discussion. Finally, since you're in Toronto (been there a couple of times), there are likely electronic stores that might be willing to take a look and provide a repair estimate? Good luck - Dave :)
Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 3.21.05 PM.png

OP
red_seal

red_seal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check that out : )

Well it seems like the unit turns on and I unscrewed the casing and noticed the cables were disconnected from the circuit board, so I just popped them back in. But my iPad doesn't see it at all when the icade is on, so something isn't transmitting and I don't know the problem really. But I'll post a question there and see what I can do. I wish there were more joystick solutions for ipad around because it's really fun, I just wish it worked lol

cooldude06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Blondie! Why don’t you take it to an electronic repair shop of some sort? I am sure they will be in a better position to spot whatever is wrong with the device! It might be something simple, but it can also be a manufacturer’s defect and you will then have to return it for a refund or replacement! Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts