What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks.....

WishBone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I stated in another thread that I am having the crashing issue with iBooks since jailbreaking 3.0

I'm still of the opinion it's a DRM issue because I can open and read a Free ebook I have in my library. I also re-downloaded a purchased book and have the same crashing problem, so it doesn't appear that re-downloading is the answer.

I have no issues with my Kindle app and had been using that almost exclusively anyway, so its not major issue for me. Just kind of troubling when apps don't work because of a JB..

Also, I do not use the Action menu app mentioned above.

Last edited:
OP
S

sethdoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By any chance, do you have Action Menu installed (it's another Cydia tweak)?
If you don't have Action Menu, please let us know and we'll search something else out...
Marilyn

thx for the reply....no I dont have Action Menu installed, so I am not sure what the problem could be. It seems to crash whenever I try to open up a book....doesnt matter if it is a free book or a paid book....hmmm :confused:

mborkow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There seem to be lots of iBooks errors after this JB. I have a problem with paid content. I get lots of encoding errors. When I revert/restore back to stock these errors go away. For now, though somewhat disappointed, I have to live with a non-jailbroken iDevice. Btw, I have the same problem with my iPhone which is jailbroken with redsn0w, but since I don't use my phone to read books it doesn't matter to me.

mborkow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think there used to be a fix for this, hunnypot, but that it no longer works with 4.3.x

mborkow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep checking jailbreakqa.com but so far no real answer. It looks like there's a choice between jailbreaking and iBooks. On my phone JB is a no-brainer, but I like the iBooks experience on the iPad. It's one of the apps I use every day...for now, no jailbreak for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts