What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ibooks

mraamohamed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all I am new here, and want to say hello. I have a problem and wonder if anyone else shaving the same problem. I have an iPad 1 and it is jail broken, ad running 4.3.3 and when try to open iBooks it comes up ok, but when I click on the store icons it drops out to the main screen and the program shuts down.

I also have another question, is there an easier way to shut down the running apps without double tapping the home button and close each app separately, like when I exit it really never exits it is still floating around down there using resources.

Thanks

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple is getting smarter with iBooks and preventing jailbreakers. I have no idea why. Apple used to prevent books from opening on jailbroken iPads.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very odd. The store was working fine until recently, I used it only last week I think. Confirm that it is no longer working on my iPad. However, all my books do open OK. It's just the store from what I can see.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
...I also have another question, is there an easier way to shut down the running apps without double tapping the home button and close each app separately, like when I exit it really never exits it is still floating around down there using resources.
Thanks

In Cydia (standard repos), there is a tweak called "Remove Background." It comes as an icon and you can set up Activator-type motions to remove your backgrounded apps (swipes, double taps, etc.).

You can also get "Remove Background SBSettings." This will add a toggle to your SBSettings. Once installed, all you have to do is touch the toggle and it'll remove your backgrounded apps. Quite cool to watch your RAM increase ... if you've got that activated in your status bar. This is the option I use as you can access SBSettings anywhere [versus having to find the Remove Background icon].

The two tweaks are free.

Oh, and if you don't have SBSettings - highly recommend it. Most. Awesome. Tweak. Evah! :D

Good luck.

Marilyn

TomanytoysJF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a tweak in a repository that you can download and it fixes that iBook problem. I forgot the name I'll look it up in a bit

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a tweak in a repository that you can download and it fixes that iBook problem. I forgot the name I'll look it up in a bit

I think you'll find those fixes are gone. They were for the original iBooks issue with 4.3 which is no longer a problem.

HOWEVER - I have found a solution for me. It seems to be related to "Action Menu". If I disable the action menu tweak, I can get access to the iBooks store again. No problems. If I re-enable it again, then the iBookstore crashes again. So looks like there is an issue with the latest Action Menu.

Would be interested to hear if the OP has that installed too.

Solange305

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I think you'll find those fixes are gone. They were for the original iBooks issue with 4.3 which is no longer a problem.

HOWEVER - I have found a solution for me. It seems to be related to "Action Menu". If I disable the action menu tweak, I can get access to the iBooks store again. No problems. If I re-enable it again, then the iBookstore crashes again. So looks like there is an issue with the latest Action Menu.

Would be interested to hear if the OP has that installed too.

You are a genius, I googled the problem I was having with Ibooks crashing when pressing Store, came to this site, (i have an iphone 4 though), turned off action menu in settings, and fixed the problem. Thanks for the help, it was driving me batty

Most reactions