What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks

blessedLatina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I highlight on iBooks & add notes? I press on the word to highlight it; however, the options given are "copy, define or search." I'm new at this & will appreciate any help. My phone is not JB.

OP
B

blessedLatina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I highlight pdf ebook on iBooks & add notes? I press on the word to highlight it; however, the options given are "copy, define or search." I'm new at this & will appreciate any help. My phone is not JB.

chaunpoole

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I highlight on iBooks & add notes? I press on the word to highlight it; however, the options given are "copy, define or search." I'm new at this & will appreciate any help. My phone is not JB.

Umm I think you need adobe reader it's a free app

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iBooks doesn't support highlighting in PDFs.

I prefer the tools in PDF Expert for highlighting and annotating PDF documents. GoodReader also has some good annotation tools.

RodC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Highlighting is unfortunately not supported in iBooks. Use some free third pary app such as Adobe Reader, PDF Reader Lite, or GoodNotes Free to do the highlighting.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you mean you want to highlight PDFs in iBooks, then no, there is no way to do so. You'll will have to use another app, as others have suggested (I've used Goodreader and iAnnotate with great success).

However, if you are talking an]bout highlighting a book - then yes, you can highlight. See this thread for details on how to do that: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/72008-ibooks-highlite.html

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

P.S. @blessedLatina: I deleted your other thread you started today on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

@all: Please note I've merged responses from the other threads. So, that's why you're here - in case you were wondering what was happening to your posts... :)

Last edited:
OP
B

blessedLatina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks I really appreciate all your comments & suggestions. Have a great day!

Most reactions

Latest posts