iBooks Zoom Not Working

Discussion in 'iPad for Designers and Architects' started by B_r_u_n_o, Jan 4, 2016.

1. B_r_u_n_o

B_r_u_n_o
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I am currently building a large iBooks project that mostly consists of piano keyboard images with some text on top. The book is vertical format only. The Images are.jpgs and the text over them (as well as assembly of the whole project) is edited on iBooks Author 2.3.

I can zoom in on images only but not when they have text over them which has been applied on ibooks author. Isn't there a way to be able to zoom in on images AND text?

Thank you.

2. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    I haven't played with iBooks Author in quite a while, but I doubt you can zoom text and images together this way. Well, not without using Acessibilty Zoom mode on the iPad, and I doubt that's what you are after.

Perhaps if you add the text to the image itself. There should be several apps that will do a nice job of this; both for the Mac and iOS.

3. B_r_u_n_o

B_r_u_n_o
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I believe you are right. There is actually an option in the Inspector>Widget>Goes Full-screen that allows one to zoom on images and overlayed text but it does not work consistently. I guess the only option is to have everything imported as an image and then use this feature.

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    I really should play with iBook Author again, soon. I never did do anything with the widgets.

Good luck, and please let us know how the project goes.