1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iBooks Read

Discussion in 'iBooks' started by heathermeech, Aug 21, 2011.

1. heathermeech

heathermeech iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone - I would love to be able to put a big READ sign on the books that I have finished reading - is this possible? How do other people keep their books straight?
    Heather
  2. MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +151 / 0
    I delete books i'm done reading.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  3. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +755 / 0
    Hi Heather and welcome to the forum - :)

I agree w/ the previous poster, i.e. you can simply delete the books from the iPad - should be saved in your iTunes on your computer so can be transferred back to your iPad if desired.

The other option is to define in 'Collections' another category that can be called as an example 'Read' - transfer your books finished into that category - I've not done this yet in iBooks but a consideration; hopefully others may 'chime in' to help.
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,913 / 1
    I use the Collections method. I've created several collections for books I want to keep handy on the iPad: Science Fiction, Classic Fiction, Manuals, etc. When I download a book to read it shows up in the default Books collection. I leave it there until I've read it, then move it to whatever folder it fits best in.

Now that the iBooks Store has the Purchases section, I may choose to delete books in the future; but quite a few of my books are not from the iBooks Store, so that is not an option for all books. I guess I could DropBox those and re-download when needed, or maybe the iCloud will have something that will work when it arrives.