What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks Question

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello,

I've got an iPad Air 2 and iOS 9.2. I seem to be missing some books that I purchased through iBooks. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you gone to the iBooks store and checked your purchased list to see if the books are there? If they are, you can re-download them for free.

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes I have. They aren't there. Is it possible that they are stored in iCloud?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iBooks aren't stored in an iCloud or iTunes backup. Do the books exist on any other devices you own?

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a pc laptop with iTunes downloaded on that machine, and an iPad. That's it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
While books purchased in the iBooks store should remian in your Purchased list, and be downloadable again for free; there is an exception. If the book was removed (by the publishser) from the iBooks Store.

If the book is only removed for sale, then the book will no longer show up in search results, but should still appear in the Purchased tab, and be downloadable.

If the book is completely removed, it may or may not still show in the Purchased tab, but either way, it can no longer be downloaded.

If the book still shows up in a search, does not have a dowload icon (cloud wiht down arrow), and you are absolutely sure you purchaced it; then you should contac Apple's iTunes support and see if they can restore your purchase. Hold in mind that the book may have been replaced by a newer eddition, and the publisher is under no obligation to make the new version availale for free.

Here is an Apple Support page that may help:
Download your past purchases - Apple Support

Most reactions

Latest posts