What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ibooks problems

nofixedadress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i am a new member, i bought my IPAD a few days ago in the US. I am normally situated in Europe/France but we are spending a lot of time in the US.
I wanted to use the Ipad also for downloading books, and as i am originally German i am downlowding books ( epub format ) often from sites like libri.de or thalia.de.
This worked fine with my old sony PRS,
I sychronised now my new ipad with my notebook , and the whole library is now on my ipad, but when i try to open a book it shows me an error , that the book has the wrong format and cannot be open :confused::mad:
What should i do now ?? Hoping for a few smart suggestions. Thank you very much in advance for any help :)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Answered in this forum:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ibooks/7504-ibook-help.html

EDIT:

But here's my answer anyway...

Each book vendor that sells copyrighted material has their own unique DRM (Digital Rights Media) scheme. This means it is only viewable on one of their devices or propietary software. Unfortunately, files you bought for your Sony reader can only be viewed on your Sony reader unless you strip away the DRM. I do not have a Sony reader so I can not tell you how to do this, but I understand that it is possible.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts