iBooks Not Yet Available in Canadian iTunes

Discussion in 'iBooks' started by iVan, May 5, 2010.

1. Holly

Holly
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Especially since iBooks was promoted so very widely in full graphic mode on the Apple site, the current reality is indeed a disappointment. I keep hoping for a resolution.

2. iVan

iVan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Apple wants the Canadian Copyright Act to be exactly as the American Copyright Law. Politics... Harper is willing to fold. If this game goes on too long I might want to flush iBooks too...

3. dbbrown1

dbbrown1
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Has anything been officially released by Apple as to the "why" of this iBooks in Canada problem? It would be comforting to know (along with some sort of a status update) what the gameplan is. The iBooks app beats both Kobo and Kindle in my opinion but the selection of books is a big disappointment. Come on Apple pick it up and give us what we were sold!!!

4. Technician99

Technician99
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Heard nothing but Apple fans claiming something about rights, even though other companies seem to had no problem getting rights to sell books in Canada. Really Kobo works for me, I know Chapters-Indigo are here to stay they have a great selection. I have already deleted iBooks.

5. Bremen

Bremen
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Just get Kobo books (their cheaper anyway) and remove the DRM and drag and drop into iTunes and therefore iBooks. They are ePubs just like iBooks.... IMHO the iBooks store is lame anyway, I've never bought a book one from it.....

6. Holly

Holly
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    It really is a let down for Canadians especially since the video promoting the iPad at the CAnadian Apple store featured the iBook as a reader making no reference to it's limitations for Canadians.

7. Technician99

Technician99
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    It is not the first time Apple gave Canadians the cold shoulder. Got my iPads 2 months after Americans, the iPhone 4 who knows? Remember it did take Apple years to offer us movies and TV. I think Apple wants to make Canada an extension of the US and when we say things like we are not American then Apple says make the Canadians wait.

8. Technician99

Technician99
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Books are available but I have been buying books from Kobo and can not see me running two apps.