What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ibooks not working after Jailbreak?

Rin1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After doing the jailbreak for my Ipad 2, ibooks always crashes on me. Is anyone else having this problem? And if so, is there any way to fix it?

I personally use the Kindle app for all my reading, but I have some childrens books for my 2 year old on Ibooks. Now I feel kind of guilty for messing that up for her :(

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you installed anything else since JB? e.g. are you running ActionMenu?

goodismear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ibooks rendering issue, but not crashing

I am in the same situation but different problem. The children's books are not completely rendered. Portions of the page is grayed out like a corrupted jpg. I haven't found any fix other than a restore to pre-jailbreak. Nor has a search come up anyone with the same issue.

I have seen your issue in other forums, however i haven't seen a remedy yet. I'll be sure to post one if I find one.

Did you jailbreak from a fresh restore (factory default), (no third party apps)? I did not, which I reckon may be my problem. Unfortunately, I can't test mine yet. I use my ipad for work. So I need the camera connection kit issue to be patched before I re-jailbreak.

WishBone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with iBooks crashing since JB'ing. Oddly it only seems to crash on purchased books and not on the free ones I have.

I wonder if this might be a DRM issue?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried re-downloading your books since JB? I didn't sync mine till after, but have had no probs. See screenie, which is a DRM'd book from the store...

Attachments

• image-4113797968.png
    image-4113797968.png
    216.2 KB · Views: 470
OP
R

Rin1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you installed anything else since JB? e.g. are you running ActionMenu?

No I'm not running ActionMenu. The only apps I've installed after JB was Cydelete,backgrounder, and MyFi.

OP
R

Rin1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in the same situation but different problem. The children's books are not completely rendered. Portions of the page is grayed out like a corrupted jpg. I haven't found any fix other than a restore to pre-jailbreak. Nor has a search come up anyone with the same issue.

I have seen your issue in other forums, however i haven't seen a remedy yet. I'll be sure to post one if I find one.

Did you jailbreak from a fresh restore (factory default), (no third party apps)? I did not, which I reckon may be my problem. Unfortunately, I can't test mine yet. I use my ipad for work. So I need the camera connection kit issue to be patched before I re-jailbreak.

Yeah the children's books look exactly as you've described. After I try flipping through a few pages ibooks starts to crash and exits out on it's own. I didn't jailbreak from a fresh restore either.

TomanytoysJF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having same issue. I dont have anything called action menu installed. Once in a while iBooks works. But if I rotate the screen it will always crash. Doing the samething on my iPhone. I tried using iBooks fix through cydia and still nothing!

mborkow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
although iBooks works for all my old content, when I purchase new books they don't work correctly. They look OK at first glance, but scattered throughout the content are encoding errors.

since I knew some ppl were having problems with iBooks, I didn't isntall anything else after jailbreaking. i have since restored to factory 4.3.3 and the problems (once I re-downloaded the newly purchased content) are resolved.

mborkow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any known updates or workarounds for the iBooks problem? I keep checking the main thread on jailbreakQA.com, but so far no fix is listed...

Most reactions

Latest posts