What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ibooks help....

Ovedi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What can i do. I have many PDF chapter solutions that i see via ibooks but its such a hassle searching and selecting the correct one. For example, i search for materials, and 4 options show that have that word in it. Only because they are PDF and not have a cover page i can't read the titles, so its just trial and error. Yes if i do my own cover page i can see and find them fast, but that gives me a second job. Any recommendations? Other readers that may display the files info large enough o find. I have over 45 PDFS at the moment and this will pretty much be the case always.

Thanks in advance.

OP
O

Ovedi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well but i cant shelve all my solutions there can i? I mean via itunes? Thats how i import them.

Ivan

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Next to the search box there are two buttons. Press the one with the lines and you'll see the titles instead of the covers. You can also change the titles if they need to be more meaningful.

Redjupiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I email them to myself, and I also use Dropbox or icloud. You can then choose which application to use to open it.

OP
O

Ovedi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OMG THAT WAS SO EASY! I feel pretty bad taking up yalls time with this. I have been at it since i got my mini and i just never clicked on the lines!! Sorry but thanks so much everyone!! I will work on changing the titles.

Thanks again!

Redjupiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
or as Kevin said :). Yeah I keep missing these little things as well :) :eek:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good to hear that it worked. It's only easy if you know it's there.

There have been recent changes in the way iBooks handles PDFs, so learning is a continual process.

OP
O

Ovedi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey thanks a bunch Kevin and Redjupiter!! My frustration level went to ZERO! No problems finding what i need now. I have combined my PDFs in different collections but i still have about 15 files per category. Looking at the titles just fixed everything.

Thanks.

Most reactions