What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks frozen

cbcbrat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion for me ? When I was browsing in the store on iBooks, suddenly the whole app froze.

This is all new to me, so I may not have tried the obvious solutions. I did try to download iBooks again, but I wasn't successful, the date still shows my original download date of December 2010. If I move the version I have on my Mac to trash, will I lose the books I already have in my library ?

Has anyone else had this problem ?

--------------------------------------------

Conferred with a teenager (the only thing that saves my pride is that he still has to ask me for money). He had me download a (completely random) free app and then sync the iPad. This fixed the problem.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try a soft reset.

Hold down the Home and Power key until the apple logo appears. The reboot will take a few minutes, so don't panic. This often fixes frozen or weirded out apps.

Don't worry, you won't lose data or apps doing this.

robinv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Re iBooks freezing, have this problem too. I've tried rebooting and downloading an app, but to no avail. Anyone got any other ideas?

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have this problem too. I've tried rebooting and downloading an app, but to no avail. Anyone got any other ideas?

Hi Robinv - first, are you having the same problem w/ iBooks described by the OP of this thread? If so, please make sure that you followed the directions of Twerppoet exactly; if so, I suspect that this recovery should have worked for you.

If you are having a different issue not related to iBooks, I would suggest that you start a new thread in the appropriate forum clearly explaining your problem - good luck. :)

robinv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
Hi Robinv - first, are you having the same problem w/ iBooks described by the OP of this thread? If so, please make sure that you followed the directions of Twerppoet exactly; if so, I suspect that this recovery should have worked for you.

If you are having a different issue not related to iBooks, I would suggest that you start a new thread in the appropriate forum clearly explaining your problem - good luck. :)

Hi giradman, I thought I had followed twerpoet's instructions, but I tried again from the locked iBooks page, rathe than going back the home page first. Anyway, it worked this time, so thanks for your help.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi giradman, I thought I had followed twerpoet's instructions, but I tried again from the locked iBooks page, rathe than going back the home page first. Anyway, it worked this time, so thanks for your help.

Glad that you were successful! :) After doing the 'restart' & 'reset' options a few times, the maneuvers become pretty natural!

Most reactions