What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks for iPad

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Hi! Im planning to download some ebooks not from iTunes.how can I Sync it to my iPad? :)

Just import them into iTunes, same way you would an MP3 bought from Amazon. I've had a iPod for 5 years and an iPhone for 2 and an iPad for 5 weeks. I have never bought a song or book from Apple....

Do understand though that the books have to be in ePub format (the current standard) and DRM free to read them in iBook. If you can't handle removing the DRM then buy books from Kobo, and use the Kobo app.... Or buy from Amazon and use the Kindle App..... Or buy from B&N and use the Nook app.... Or buy from fictionwise and use the ereader app.....or get PDF's and use Goodreader..... Lot's of options on the iPad. :)

Last edited:
D

deoknam

Someone sent me an ebook of Dan Brown in PDF file. I have in my iPad a PDF lite app and an ebook reader app. I have tried dragging it but it won't add to my iPad. I know there is something wrong as to what I'm doing. I'm not a techie person. Someone teach me please in some simple instruction. Thank you!:confused::confused::confused:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone sent me an ebook of Dan Brown in PDF file. I have in my iPad a PDF lite app and an ebook reader app. I have tried dragging it but it won't add to my iPad. I know there is something wrong as to what I'm doing. I'm not a techie person. Someone teach me please in some simple instruction. Thank you!:confused::confused::confused:

Some PDF files are encoded with DRM and others are locked. Were you able to open that file on your computer?

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
With your iPad attached and iTunes running, select the iPad. Click the apps tab for your iPad. Scroll down, and if the PDF viewer you have supports drag and drop it will be listed. If it is just drag the PDF file into the box next to the app name. If it does not support it, get Goodreader from the app store (best PDF reader)....

But, as iVan says, if it has some DRM on it, it may not open....

D

deoknam

Some PDF files are encoded with DRM and others are locked. Were you able to open that file on your computer?

yes,i was able to open it in my computer. anything else i have to do? thanks. :confused::confused::confused:

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com

yes,i was able to open it in my computer. anything else i have to do? thanks. :confused::confused::confused:

Perhaps read my post?

D

deoknam

It took me days to realize the reason i cannot sync those pdf files to my ipad is because i still dont have the ibook app in my ipad. Even if i like to, ibook app is still not available in the Philippines itunes store.:mad: i tried to download it from the US site but i was redirected back to Philippines Itunes store. I found a way to download them directly already using the goodreader app, and the imap.
Is there a way to have the ibook app without going thru the itunes? :confused:I have a lot of ebook files. and it could save me a lot of time if i dont have to go through attaching it to e-mails and downloading them again.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It took me days to realize the reason i cannot sync those pdf files to my ipad is because i still dont have the ibook app in my ipad. Even if i like to, ibook app is still not available in the Philippines itunes store.:mad: i tried to download it from the US site but i was redirected back to Philippines Itunes store. I found a way to download them directly already using the goodreader app, and the imap.
Is there a way to have the ibook app without going thru the itunes? :confused:I have a lot of ebook files. and it could save me a lot of time if i dont have to go through attaching it to e-mails and downloading them again.

Hi Before i got iBook from US iTunes (witch is really simple) i have used Stanza you will be able to upload your file over the wifi, in term of e-book reader Stanza is not bad but i really prefer iBook … if you wana know how to got US iTunes account without loose your local app’s ( aka phillipino) check in the international section i have post a How to Do … it’s really simple and took me 3 minutes to do it

Hope it help

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Why you don't open a second iTunes account in the US store with a fake address? Just load it with a US gift certificate and off you go.

D

deoknam

powerpoint,winbar file

can goodreader support file like word? excel? powerpoint? and winbar files?
thanks

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why you don't open a second iTunes account in the US store with a fake address? Just load it with a US gift certificate and off you go.

No need a second i just change the country of my one and now i enjoy app’s from 3 country without problem and i even can update all my existing app’s

HistoryWes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iBooks uses epub format, and you can find LOTS of books available at some of the following sites:

Feedbooks.com
Manybooks.net
Smashwords.com

The first two sites feature only free books, but have a mixture of older public domain books and newer copyrighted but free books. They also both have information on using the books on the iPad. Smashwords has some free books, but most are for sale.

If you like sci-fi and fantasy, check out my books:

His Robot Girlfriend
Brechalon
Eaglethorpe Buxton and the Elven Princess
Eaglethorpe Buxton and the Sorceress
These four are available at all of the above sites and are free.

and

Princess of Amathar $1.99
Tesla's Stepdaughters $2.99
The Voyage of the Minotaur $4.99
available at Smashwords.

Some of these are available at the iBookstore, but some of the prices have been messed up. Don't pay more than these prices. :)

Last edited:

Most reactions